4.8m x 3.6m. Is it worth it ?

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Hi Everyone.

I've been thinking of putting a table in a room I have. 4.8m x 3.6m. I understand its not ideal though was after some options of people who have sacrificed one side of the table.

I can see the benefits being able to break, bank, practice my stroke etc but I l know it will drive me nuts when I need to shoot from the wall side.

I'm not sure if the conversions are correct:

4.8m = 15ft 831⁄32in
3.6m = 11ft 947⁄64in


Any thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers.

Dave.
 
Hi Everyone.

I've been thinking of putting a table in a room I have. 4.8m x 3.6m. I understand its not ideal though was after some options of people who have sacrificed one side of the table.

I can see the benefits being able to break, bank, practice my stroke etc but I l know it will drive me nuts when I need to shoot from the wall side.

I'm not sure if the conversions are correct:

4.8m = 15ft 831⁄32in
3.6m = 11ft 947⁄64in


Any thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers.

Dave.

You are looking at a room 189 in. x 141.7 in.

IMHO that is not big enough for a table. Even a 7 foot doesn't fit. Unless you use some short cues.
 
Thanks for that.

I understand I can't fit a table in the middle and get a cue all the way around.

My question is do you still think its too small if one side is close to the wall and only 3 sides are used and do people often install a table to be only able to use 3 sides?
 
Thanks for that.

I understand I can't fit a table in the middle and get a cue all the way around.

My question is do you still think its too small if one side is close to the wall and only 3 sides are used and do people often install a table to be only able to use 3 sides?

It is pretty tight long side too but I guess if you wanted use of just 3 sides you could do that. Do people often do this? No, but maybe you can start a trend...
 
Table

I did something similar in my last house. There wasn't enough room for a table to play on but with some creative shoehorning I was able to get a 9 footer in. You couldn't play a game on it but you could do drills and practice almost any shot. Not ideal but I was able to practice long straight in's and work on my stroke so it was worth it to me.

Hope that helps.
Stan

Here is a picture of that setup-
table2.jpg
 
Thanks for the photo mate.

I can already see friends coming over and laughing cause they can't play a full game but they can get.....

I'm only getting back into pool recently and need the practice. I still miss straight forward shots so I'm looking for ways to improve. I'm hoping an hour or two a day will make me a better player. Also being able to warm up before going to the pub to play my matches.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
 
I would do it if you are a pool nut. If you like drills, you can arrange them in such a way that they are all from the same side, so the space constraint won't be as much of an issue.

If you don't like drills, then start liking them:) Because you certainly won't be able to play a full game.

Warming up at home before going out to compete is definelty a big plus. It can get you in stroke, so that by the first shot of your actual match you are already warmed up.

I got my first table in my home 1 year ago now, and can't imagine ever not having it. I use it every day. (It fits properly in my room).

Good luck.
 
Back
Top