4" pocket Valley with Ridgebacks compared to a 7' Diamond

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Since I put the new Ridgeback rails on with all 6 4 inch-pockets on my 30 year old Valley I can see no difference in the way it plays compared to a 7’ Diamond. My Valley even banks a little on the short side compared to stock Valley’s. Of course the Diamond looks a lot better lol. There is no clunking sound when I hit the rails hard. I find that the 4” pockets make up for the deeper shelves with 4 ½” pockets on the Diamond.

At first I was missing a lot of shots with the 4” pockets. I watched a lot of the tournament at Hardtimes with all the 4” pockets. I noticed what speed the players that play on them all the time were using. Once I took a little bit off my speed the balls started to drop that wouldn’t before. Unless you’re an Alex, SVB, or one of the very top players, I don’t think you can get away with firing the balls in that tight of a pocket. Johnnyt
 
i play a few of them regularly and it is tough i hate it......... id rather play on a diamond anyway it takes a real player... to b able to run racks on them
 
i play a few of them regularly and it is tough i hate it......... id rather play on a diamond anyway it takes a real player... to b able to run racks on them

I don't see many REAL players stringing together many racks at Hardtimes. I do see racks strung on a standard Diamond though. I'd like to know what the record for racks strung on the tight tables at Hardtimes is. Johnnyt
 
welll u cant go into playing on one scared......... the valleys i play on r alright if the humidity is down
 
Back
Top