50 shot video tour of Peacock Billiards

Mobiker

Wow, impressive!

I'm curious about the honeycomb light above the snooker table. Do you know who makes it?

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Those prices Canadian?? Either way i'd never pay that to play pool. Nice place tho.
You were expecting what? Rubles?

1703953868736.png

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$10Can would be about $7.50 US. That's about twice what i pay to play. Granted my spot isn't all dolled-up with a library but that stuff means nada to me.

So table time is 7.50 an hour? Sounds normal, and cheap for a place in a city. Most places in the metro areas like Boston and NY are 10-16 an hour.

That place looks interesting, I've never seen such a variety of tables in one place. Whatever the table is with the books on it, I want one.

Pierre Shakes

Registered
Those prices Canadian?? Either way i'd never pay that to play pool. Nice place tho.
My place is in the center of downtown, so I get a mostly young crowd of couples. Real players only makeup 5%-10% of my customers. If you can't afford the cost, I couldn't make a living, so do something else. The place is doing very, very well with these prices, thank you.

Pierre Shakes

Registered
So table time is 7.50 an hour? Sounds normal, and cheap for a place in a city. Most places in the metro areas like Boston and NY are 10-16 an hour.

That place looks interesting, I've never seen such a variety of tables in one place. Whatever the table is with the books on it, I want one.
So table time is 7.50 an hour? Sounds normal, and cheap for a place in a city. Most places in the metro areas like Boston and NY are 10-16 an hour.The table with the books is

Oops. That is the Aspen by Connelly in WALNUT! It is no longer made by them.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Peacock's a very nice place and I enjoy playing there when I'm on the Island. Well run and good value. In Vancouver (my home town) I go (Q1 Billiards in Richmond) it's $16 (Canadian). If your a "Member" a discount can be had. Another thing in Canada you NEVER see is a flat "Day Rate" like many US halls. Also they do have a practice rate for the loners. Q1 has no liquor and thus has to make it's nut on the tables.
6 - 9 Foot Diamonds
2- Diamond BB for the tourists and fools
10 - Asian made 9 Footers
8 - Chinese 8 Ball 9 Footers

Nice, clean, safe and yes some action. Great lighting. Couple of streaming tables with integrated scoring.

For those who like Snooker there is a Hall across the complex that caters to that.

https://www.facebook.com/p/Q1-Billiards-100069075468781/

Last edited:

tomatoshooter

Peacock's a very nice place and I enjoy playing there when I'm on the Island. Well run and good value. In Vancouver (my home town) I go (Q1 Billiards in Richmond) it's $16 (Canadian). If your a "Member" a discount can be had. Another thing in Canada you NEVER see is a flat "Day Rate" like many US halls. Also they do have a practice rate for the loners. Q1 has no liquor and thus has to make it's nut on the tables.
6 - 9 Foot Diamonds
2- Diamond BB for the tourists and fools
10 - Asian made 9 Footers
8 - Chinese 8 Ball 9 Footers

Nice, clean, safe and yes some action. Great lighting. Couple of streaming tables with integrated scoring.

For those who like Snooker there is a Hall across the complex that caters to that.

https://www.facebook.com/p/Q1-Billiards-100069075468781/
It's a nice place in a good location, the prices must reflect that if he wants to stay open.

I think it's kind of funny that the price is cheaper for a single player, I hit way more balls per hour when I'm practicing. And for more than 4 people out should be a million dollars an hour because they get in everybody's way.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of a weird mix of tables.

Certainly seems like a little bit of something for everybody though, if that's what you're looking for. Probably a great place to bring the family for the day.

Maybe too many distractions for serious pool though.

tomatoshooter

Kind of a weird mix of tables.

Certainly seems like a little bit of something for everybody though, if that's what you're looking for. Probably a great place to bring the family for the day.

Maybe too many distractions for serious pool though.
At least they put the ping pong table out front so you don't have to hear the blap tic blap tik blap tic blap when you are down on the money ball.