6-point Bocote into Ebony - built this one for a friend!

Otterman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven't finished the shafts for this one yet, but I liked how it turned out so I'm posting some pics of the completed butt!

6-points of Bocote into Ebony, 3 veneers of teal, mahogany, and maple all separated by black paper. Cognac-colored lizard print wrap.
51686773325_fd8d1296e2_k.jpg

51686773305_aca34cb343_k.jpg

51686146938_625b90d7b5_k.jpg

51685086862_ea1069303d_k.jpg

51685086857_d0a3990d54_k.jpg

51686146933_0157c1139a_k.jpg

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
:love: What a looker! The design on this is top notch! Really cool color combo. I also love that little detail in the grain near the butt, very interesting grain and reminds me of an owl.

Otterman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, all. I admit to some color combination plagiarism on this one; before we started making our own prongs earlier this year, we used prongs from our fellow Okies, Prather Cue Parts (highly recommended!), and one of those had a nearly identical veneer combo (in the 4-point variety). We like this one quite a bit but would have preferred the points turned out a bit longer, so we've altered the starting dimensions of our prong stock and the depth of our point grooves to lengthen those slightly on more recent prongs. We have an almost identical cue to this one in the works with the longer points and slightly thinner rings that we're really looking forward to finishing. It's a custom build and hopefully we'll have it ready for delivery (and pics!) in the next month or so.

Thanks again to everyone for taking time to look and give us a "like" or comment. We've worked really hard the last 16-18 months to learn as much as possible in a short period of time. We still have a long way to go, but feel like our cue making has taken a big step up recently in terms of both design and execution, so we intend to have much more to share in the near future. :) (y)

TrxR

Beautiful cue . Im not a fan of the wrap though as i prefer the look and feel of a linen wrap but thats personal preference .

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Haven't finished the shafts for this one yet, but I liked how it turned out so I'm posting some pics of the completed butt!

6-points of Bocote into Ebony, 3 veneers of teal, mahogany, and maple all separated by black paper. Cognac-colored lizard print wrap.
View attachment 616738

View attachment 616739

View attachment 616740

View attachment 616741

View attachment 616742

View attachment 616743
Really top notch my friend. Would have loved to see that one with a wrapless Bocote handle. 👍