9' Diamond light

rookiepsu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, so maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the diffusers from the light without unscrewing the corner caps from the ends and pulling the ends off. Is this how it's done or is there something more simple that I'm missing here?

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Mine push up and tilt to get out. The cross pieces that hold the diffusers together slides around also.

I do have a very old Diamond light (full size) Maybe the newer ones are different.

rookiepsu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm, they might be different. You have the 4ft wide one, right? I think that has 4 diffusers, if I'm not mistaken, separated by cross-members? I have the standard sized one (26") and it has 2 diffusers, with a cross-member in the middle. The problem is that the angle of the sides is too steep to be able to tilt the diffusers enough for them to fit down through the opening, if that makes sense. But I wouldn't think they would make it where you have to unscrew the end caps to get them out. So I think I must be missing something more simple.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Yes I have the four foot wide version, There is lots of room to tilt and remove the diffusers with that one, and as they are smaller they are easier to handle.

Maybe a call to diamond can help.

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
the grids are a tight fit. in the center push the sides apart and have someone slide them out. you will need to enlarge the opening about a 1/2". Doesn't need to be dis-assembled to change the bulbs or grids.