9 or 10 ball break winner's break or multi alternat

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know 9 or 10 balls can be played with winner's break, looser's break, alternate break, how about multiple alternate break example:

If we race to 9

Player 1 won lag break 5 consecutive games, then player 2 breaks 4 consecutive games, if player one got 9-0 he wins the game, no more breaking, if the game is not over, then we revert back to single alternate breaks, and player 1 breaks, the player 2 and so on until game is over.

What do you think? is there a draw back to this breaking routine

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tennis format would certainly be workable, but why? Change should improve the subject and the break shot isn't tennis' first serve's equal.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tennis format would certainly be workable, but why? Change should improve the subject and the break shot isn't tennis' first serve's equal.

Main reason, i want to see pros putting packs , at the same time i want both players to have a chance at it , fair!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ring game, equal break opportunities.

I don't wanna see no damn safeties: you bank that gawdamn ball on the end rail into the side pocket and do it now.

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Winner break, if he runs out the whole set (not the most expected thing), rack and break for the opponent, if he runs out the set too, new lag and break for one last game.
If you want to avoid the second scenario, just extend a bit the races, it will make the almost impossible (run out of a whole set) even less possible, and if someone still does it let it be with lots of congrats.
These are winner break games, they were never made to be alternate break ones where missing a shot will not stop the one missed from getting another opportunity. That's real pressure, and that will break a few modern myths if applied more in under an "open" break set up..........
An alternative would be to have a race to 2 in lags, having a max of 3 lags at the start which would be more than enough...

Last edited: