A great evening with Eric aka Fatboy in germany

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Well,

in october 2009 i had the first contact with Eric aka Fatboy here on AZB. Some nice PM s changed here and there. And also some nice *comments* in threads here and there.
This weekend was clear, that im going to meet with some friends and students (Dirk, Maik, Franzi) in cologne-and finally to meet Eric also in person.

We met in the "Cologne-Cue-Club". From the first moment it was exactly as i expected- this guy is so un-complicated. A great pal, great humour. We laughed so hard about some stories. I really enjoyed this evening a lot!

After a time we talked about one-pocket, and how *unpopular* it is in germany. And we decided to make one game, where he explained the rules exactly, and some *correct* shots during the game. We both (i hope, lol) had much fun during playing 1-pocket.

Eric definitley had lot of fun about my description about one-pocket :p
i just gave it the name "**** your neighbour"- it seemed, that he really liked this description.
Afterwards we talked until the pool-hall closed- i will miss him. He s a wonderful person.

Eric-it was a pleasure to meet you-and i hope it will not be the last time.
Until then: Good luck for you, what ever you may do...and if it s just during a game of ***** your neighbour* , lol :)

lg
Ingo

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is wonderful how small the world has gotten . People are the same all over . Thanks for your short story . Jim

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
that's always great when people who know each other by forum talk only meet and find out it's even greater in person. I've experienced that and can approve the feeling is awesome.
I hope to meet both of you some day as well as other nice guys who I got invites from :thumbup:

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Ratta,

sounds like you and Eric had a wonderful time visting and having laughs together.

Thats great players that never met before can sit together and be as if they knew oneanother for years, but thats the way it is among our brothers and sisters that play this game we all love so!.......One Big Family!

David Harcrow

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
that's always great when people who know each other by forum talk only meet and find out it's even greater in person. I've experienced that and can approve the feeling is awesome.
I hope to meet both of you some day as well as other nice guys who I got invites from :thumbup:

Agree with you my friend :)

have a smooth stroke buddy,

lg
Ingo

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Ratta,

sounds like you and Eric had a wonderful time visting and having laughs together.

Thats great players that never met before can sit together and be as if they knew oneanother for years, but thats the way it is among our brothers and sisters that play this game we all love so!.......One Big Family!

David Harcrow

thx for the nice words- it was a really funny evening :)

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well,

in october 2009 i had the first contact with Eric aka Fatboy here on AZB. Some nice PM s changed here and there. And also some nice *comments* in threads here and there.
This weekend was clear, that im going to meet with some friends and students (Dirk, Maik, Franzi) in cologne-and finally to meet Eric also in person.

We met in the "Cologne-Cue-Club". From the first moment it was exactly as i expected- this guy is so un-complicated. A great pal, great humour. We laughed so hard about some stories. I really enjoyed this evening a lot!

After a time we talked about one-pocket, and how *unpopular* it is in germany. And we decided to make one game, where he explained the rules exactly, and some *correct* shots during the game. We both (i hope, lol) had much fun during playing 1-pocket.

Eric definitley had lot of fun about my description about one-pocket :p
i just gave it the name "**** your neighbour"- it seemed, that he really liked this description.
Afterwards we talked until the pool-hall closed- i will miss him. He s a wonderful person.

Eric-it was a pleasure to meet you-and i hope it will not be the last time.
Until then: Good luck for you, what ever you may do...and if it s just during a game of ***** your neighbour* , lol :)

lg
Ingo

An awesome heartfelt story about two good pool players meeting. Thanks for sharing with us. Fun and good stories, are Priceless!!!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Maik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep this was great Fun his evening! First Time i met Eric was dec.2011 After mosconi Cup and two days before i married Franzi in Vegas. Was a great Time with him. Then wie meet us several times Here in germany and i the mean time Ingo become an friend of mine,also cuenoisseur,who is a very very close friend of Mine since years.and Last friday night we all meet together , was like an Family meeting in cologne. Quality time is he right word for this,so much Fun and great Cues and disuccions about them, and and and.i saw this several times in he past, visit as pool player any place in he world,is like coming home to friends.this is awesome!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a great time, Its amazing to meet people online-then in real life a few years later. The world is smaller these days. I had a wonderful time playing here-there?? one of those 2.

Jay Helfert said it best here a few years ago "Go anywhere in the world, to any pool room 3 days and your a regular". He is right, I been to that room we were in 3-4 times this past couple weeks and it feel like home now!! How great is that?

I'm going back later this week again, i'm here until thursday then of to Munich, I have a game with a friend there, no action just pride & fun. then in 2 weeks near Munich is a pool thing Maik will be there as will I. that should be fun.

Then the Fatboy World Tour 2013 will continue on to Hungary I believe, after that Amsterdam then perhaps Italy. Not sure, just gonna take it as it comes...:thumbup:

Thanks again

Eric:smile::smile::smile: