A great feature on this forum, that I just discovered!

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
A moderately interesting feature on this forum, that I just discovered!

Ok so shoot me if you all already knew this, but I sure didn't. I would have been real excited if someone told me about it!

On other forums I'm on all the threads you have posted in are marked, so you can easily return and see them.

That doesn't happen here, but I have figured out a way to do it.

In Options, under "User CP" there is a subscription setting. The default is "Do not subscribe". If you change that to "No email notification" then you will automatically be subscribed to any thread you post in.

This does two things:

1) When you're in the forum and see the list of threads, there will be a gray box to the right of the thread title indicating you're subscribed to it.

2) If you click your "User CP" you will see a list of all your recently subscribed threads, and you can click "View all subscribed threads" to see them all.

If you all knew this than ignore me but I sure didn't.

Hope it helps someone.

-J
 
Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
On the page listing the threads (Main Forum page) there's a little envelope icon in the leftmost column for each thread title. If the envelope has a black dot in it, you've posted to that thread. Scroll to the bottom of that page to see what other kinds of info the envelope icon can contain.

pj
chgo
 

av84fun

Banned
Jude Rosenstock said:
Wow, you use the word "great" rather liberally. The next "great" feature should somehow make me money. That would be great.

Oh great Jude. Bust the guy's chops for saying great....ONCE. I think his post was great and it would have been great for you not to have flamed him with a post that used the word "great" 3 times more often than he used it.

By the way, I'm just kidding and think you are a great guy.

Isn't that great??

(-:
 

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
Patrick Johnson said:
On the page listing the threads (Main Forum page) there's a little envelope icon in the leftmost column for each thread title. If the envelope has a black dot in it, you've posted to that thread. Scroll to the bottom of that page to see what other kinds of info the envelope icon can contain.

pj
chgo

Yeah I noticed that as well but it's nice to be able to go to the user CP and have a list of all your recent threads there for follow-up.

jude sourgrapesenstock said:
blah blah blah

Don't be jealous, I'm having a GREAT day! It's about 70 degrees and I've biked to work for the last 10 days straight and that makes me feel great. I didn't want a debate. :p
 

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
av84fun said:
Oh great Jude. Bust the guy's chops for saying great....ONCE. I think his post was great and it would have been great for you not to have flamed him with a post that used the word "great" 3 times more often than he used it.

By the way, I'm just kidding and think you are a great guy.

Isn't that great??

(-:


I'm still not making any money here. If you guys can get me that Poison cue girl, THAT would be great. I'll tell you all how great life is, how this site is great, how pool is the greatest game ever and how Poison cues might be the greatest thing next to great sliced bread.
 

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
James said:
Yeah I noticed that as well but it's nice to be able to go to the user CP and have a list of all your recent threads there for follow-up.



Don't be jealous, I'm having a GREAT day! It's about 70 degrees and I've biked to work for the last 10 days straight and that makes me feel great. I didn't want a debate. :p


Kiss my big great butt with your 70 degree weather.
 

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock said:
Kiss my big great butt with your 70 degree weather.

I grew up in New England (with not so great weather), went to a great school, so that I could move to this great city with all it's great weather and get a great job. Now I make great money (but I won't tell you how in this thread), ride a great bike and have great days!

Guess what I had for breakfast today?

Tony_the_tiger.jpg


p.s. I just changed the thread title but it only changed here and not on the main page :(
 

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock said:
Kiss my big great butt with your 70 degree weather.
It's only been in the high 80's and low 90's the last few days here. Of course Monday it was 99 (not so great).

BVal
 

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BVal said:
It's only been in the high 80's and low 90's the last few days here. Of course Monday it was 99 (not so great).

BVal


Then I guess it feels like your butt is on a grate.
 

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
... it's nice to be able to go to the user CP and have a list of all your recent threads there for follow-up.

You can do the same thing by clicking "Search", then "Advanced Search", then entering your AZB name. You can then choose whether to see a list of the threads you've posted in or only your own posts (click the choice at the bottom).

pj
chgo
 

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
Patrick Johnson said:
You can do the same thing by clicking "Search", then "Advanced Search", then entering your AZB name. You can then choose whether to see a list of the threads you've posted in or only your own posts (click the choice at the bottom).

pj
chgo

There are so many great choices on how to gather these threads! GREAT!
 

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
You can do the same thing by clicking "Search", then "Advanced Search", then entering your AZB name. You can then choose whether to see a list of the threads you've posted in or only your own posts (click the choice at the bottom).

pj
chgo

There are so many great choices on how to gather these threads! GREAT!

Listing only your own posts is very handy - when you click on one of your posts in the list you jump right to it in the thread, saving you the trouble of scrolling through a long thread looking for your post. It's an easy way to check and see if anybody is talking to you.

pj
chgo
 

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
James said:
Ok so shoot me if you all already knew this, but I sure didn't. I would have been real excited if someone told me about it!

On other forums I'm on all the threads you have posted in are marked, so you can easily return and see them.

That doesn't happen here, but I have figured out a way to do it.

In Options, under "User CP" there is a subscription setting. The default is "Do not subscribe". If you change that to "No email notification" then you will automatically be subscribed to any thread you post in.

This does two things:

1) When you're in the forum and see the list of threads, there will be a gray box to the right of the thread title indicating you're subscribed to it.

2) If you click your "User CP" you will see a list of all your recently subscribed threads, and you can click "View all subscribed threads" to see them all.

If you all knew this than ignore me but I sure didn't.

Hope it helps someone.

-J

Good post James. Sending you some rep for being helpful to someone else.

Another thing you can do with threads is if you are reading a post in a thread that you would like to keep up on but don't want to post in the thread at that time, but still want it to appear in the "View all subscribed threads, you can click on THREAD TOOLS (just above the post) and then Subscribe to thread.

JoeyA
 

Dead Money

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What a great thread! I haven't been this excited since the day I discovered that water is WET!:D
 
Top