A heads up on billy macks condition

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sunday I was with my dear friend, Billy Mack at his home in Scottsdale, where I gained a new perspective on courage and dignity from him. While Judi and I struggled to hold back tears, he joked and discussed his life and how much he has loved being part of the pool world. Only three months ago he played two hours of nine-ball against me without missing a bank and now, brain cancer. WTF

Bill has his bad days but fortunately for us, we caught him on a very good one. Living alone, he told me how much calls and visits from the old gang meant to him. He loved Keith McCready's call, where they talked only a little about his condition and a lot about pool. He isn't looking for sympathy, only glimpses of the world he loved so much. So, if any of you who know him or would even want to add a pool story or greeting, I'm sure he would love it. I never knew a nicer guy than Billy.

NOTICE, PLEASE., any of you who know how to get in touch with Earl Strickland, tell him his old friend "Gigolo Bill" would love to say hello...and good-by.

What does it hurt to pray? Alfie Billy---602-471-0703

Last edited: