A new author on cueing instruction

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Great read

Patrick, There is a lot of great information in your articles. I love to show beginners some small things to get them to shooting better then they currently are. I like seeing the smile on their face after they start pocketing more balls after applying what I just showed them. On occasion they come over and thank me for the new found knowledge.

SeekAndEnjoy

Registered
Hey Jim, thank you for the kind words. I enjoy helping players as much as you do. Keep it up and I hope you like the upcoming chapters.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Lol. "AIMING SYSTEMS" seem to be all the rage for those to hate on. It was part of the first chapter in the author's book.

Just wait until I divulge my own personal aiming system. It's REAL. It's ACCURATE & EFFECTIVE. It's EASY to use. But it will cost you. :D:D:D

JoeyA

What is GASP? Did not see it.

SeekAndEnjoy

Registered
Well, my aiming system is pretty simple :)

1. Choose the right spot for the cue ball to hit the object ball.
2. Shoot it there as precisely as you can.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chapter 11 is late, not a problem – a little at a time is good, gives a chance to go back and refresh the steps, just a friendly bump for the author that there is an interest in his work; he could be traveling this week.

SeekAndEnjoy

Registered
Chapter 11 is late, not a problem – a little at a time is good, gives a chance to go back and refresh the steps, just a friendly bump for the author that there is an interest in his work; he could be traveling this week.

Hey Dan, thanks for the bump :) Glad that somebody's waiting for my content. I'm not posting the articles myself, the AZ Billiards editorial team is doing it. Sometimes they skip a week, I guess due to heavy workload or plenty of current news. Next chapter should be out this week.

Best
Patrick

JoeyM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been away from the game for 15 years and just started hitting balls again. I have enjoyed the articles as they are a great refresher on the fundamentals. Aim from above was a great reminder as I have been only doing that about 50% of the time. Now hopefully I can remember to do it 100% of the time after seeing it in print.
JoeyM

SeekAndEnjoy

Registered
I have been away from the game for 15 years and just started hitting balls again. I have enjoyed the articles as they are a great refresher on the fundamentals. Aim from above was a great reminder as I have been only doing that about 50% of the time. Now hopefully I can remember to do it 100% of the time after seeing it in print.
JoeyM

Joey, thanks for the feedback. Glad that it helps. You can see all the pros aim from above and a lot of amateurs not doing it :)

Oh, just in case some of you can't wait for the next chapters or would like to have them all together: You can buy my book as ebook or printed here: www.playing-pool.com/book

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
I'm holding out

oh no ,.... another author ! j/k

I like EWA's articles ! It's the only reason I pick-up the APA mag. I I go straight to the back and turn in 2 pages ! There should be a pretty blonde on that page. :D

Since we're on the subject, I'm holding out for an instructor too ! Must look like EWA, shoot like Jeanette Lee, and look like Maria Sharapova in a skirt.
(if ya don't know what that looks like, I provided a link.) :thumbup:

http://celebmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/maria-sharapova-pics-sightseeing-in-acapulco-february-2015_1.jpg

... money well spent...

and GASP, aiming.................... <----- might have to just call this The "A" word . :p

JoeyM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I like EWA's articles ! It's the only reason I pick-up the APA mag. I I go straight to the back and turn in 2 pages ! There should be a pretty blonde on that page. :D

Since we're on the subject, I'm holding out for an instructor too ! Must look like EWA, shoot like Jeanette Lee, and look like Maria Sharapova in a skirt.

http://celebmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/maria-sharapova-pics-sightseeing-in-acapulco-february-2015_1.jpg

... money well spent...

and GASP, aiming.................... <----- might have to just call this The "A" word . :p

Hopefully she won't shriek at 148 decibels everytime she hits the cue ball :grin-square:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The "A" word. :D

JoeyA

... money well spent...