a new project that all can have fun with

miplayerstour

Quiet participant
Silver Member
A Live Billiards TV show and an EXPO in the midwest?

michigan players tour streams matches live when we hold our events, we are also working on bringing a billiards expo to the midwest in early 2010.

If that wasnt enough work trying to promote the sport, we are also going to be airing a live billiards show each week. The show will include player interviews........we ask the tough questions, product testing and reviews, debates of hot billiard topics, pool tips to improve your game and more. The dates will be published very soon so keep checking our website for the live link or dates and times of the show or watch for our announcement on azbilliards.

Our show will have audience participation at certain times, we welcome on site audiences as well as internet audiences.

What can you do to help? Do you have a funny or crazy pool story that you would like to share ith others? Email it to us so we can review it to potentially read on the show. Make sure that you give us your name and location to announce who we received it from. If you choose not to have your name and/or location disclosed just list from anonymous.

We are also taking ideas from the billiard loving community to get suggestions on which products you would like tested live to see if they are any good or really work.
Also, feel free to send suggestions for what you would like to see us show or debate!! Tough topics are scheduled! On debates, we have panel invited one neutral stance, one for topic and one against and a moderator! It should be interesting. If you're interested in being a panelist, please send me an email with your contact information.

Our first player interview will be done with Jason Kirkwood so, if you have questions you would like us to ask him, forward them to me. Please keep in mind we cant always air everything or read all questions due to time limitations or the question itself may not be suitable.

We're excited to bring this show to you and will announce days and times very soon! I hope you'll all be able to tune in or attend in person. This is a live weekly show same day and time each week!

We are also writing and producing a commercial or psa(public service announcement) about pool and how it can be a positive experience for anyone of any age. Its definately showing pool in a positive light with what is written and how it will be produced. We have a player committed to being in the commercial and I am very excited to see the final product.

Thats the latest and I hope you all are able to enjoy the things we are working on for all of you!
 
Last edited:
Fish Grease

I want to know what's up with "Fish Grease". Every time I hear Jason asked about this he dodges the question and I would like to see you pin him down and get the straight scoop. :D

Steve
 
That's a great question and I will ask as I was wondering also!
I have some good questions lined up so far and hope to have more from audience members!! It should be a good first show!!!! Tune in everyone!!
 
while your at it

sde said:
I want to know what's up with "Fish Grease". Every time I hear Jason asked about this he dodges the question and I would like to see you pin him down and get the straight scoop. :D

Steve
you might also want to ask about the roast beef curtains.

M.C.
 
we will have no age limitations but will have divisions for jrs, super jrs, srs, pros etc! This expo will also include exhibitors yes. We want something similiar to the valley forge expo only in the midwest and structured more towards the players needs and wants, likes etc.

We are working on having a pro tournament at the same time however, cannot make that final determination until we have a sponsor large enough to put up the money added thats needed to attract that level of player and event. I am currently working on it but you never know especially in the economy of today.

We have plans for yearly team events as well........5 person team events. There will be 3 divisions, womens, open/pro mens and then BB players and below. We are really working on alot of thing to keep pull active in the midwest and to shed a better ligh on the game.

we shall see how it works out.
 
miplayerstour said:
we will have no age limitations but will have divisions for jrs, super jrs, srs, pros etc! This expo will also include exhibitors yes. We want something similiar to the valley forge expo only in the midwest and structured more towards the players needs and wants, likes etc.

We are working on having a pro tournament at the same time however, cannot make that final determination until we have a sponsor large enough to put up the money added thats needed to attract that level of player and event. I am currently working on it but you never know especially in the economy of today.

We have plans for yearly team events as well........5 person team events. There will be 3 divisions, womens, open/pro mens and then BB players and below. We are really working on alot of thing to keep pull active in the midwest and to shed a better ligh on the game.

we shall see how it works out.

I think you would do well to have artistic pool. It is becoming much more widely accepted and enjoyed... as a competitor and as an audience.
 
We will also do artistic pool if we can attract the players and a crowd to watch. I have a lot of marketing and work to do over the next few months to get committments to attend and participate from vendors and players.

If we can get the committments we would love to have a number of events including artistic pool.

Thanks for the feedback!
 
Why do they call it "midwest"? I am in Oklahoma and sometimes, we're called the plains states, or the midwest. Some things don't even give us a name I can relate to. Why not the central states or the middle states? I mean, it takes me at least 32 hours to drive to either coast. I don't think that qualifies us as anything "west." The west certainly doesn't start until at least Colorado!

Back to the issue at hand, where would the expo most likely be held?

This sounds like a lot of fun. It's about time someone brought something major to the central states! Make sure you keep us all updated!
 
The expo will be held at an arena in Grand Rapids Michigan!! we are very excited and I agree its about time. I love going to other venues but I have to say Im tired of having to drive to one coast or go to the other, there is very little in between. I hope it goes well so we can continue it! Only time will tell! I'll keep posting here with updates and you can also check out our myspace page or website as we will update there as well!

Not sure about the midwest thing...............it does seem odd now that you say that! :)
 
JesPiddlin said:
Why do they call it "midwest"? I am in Oklahoma and sometimes, we're called the plains states, or the midwest. Some things don't even give us a name I can relate to. Why not the central states or the middle states? I mean, it takes me at least 32 hours to drive to either coast. I don't think that qualifies us as anything "west." The west certainly doesn't start until at least Colorado!

Back to the issue at hand, where would the expo most likely be held?

This sounds like a lot of fun. It's about time someone brought something major to the central states! Make sure you keep us all updated!
the term midwest was originaly coined when the the U.S. was a little smaller.

every thing west of the mississippi was the west, so that being said, what falls between the east and the river was the midwest.

M.C.
 
curlyscues said:
the term midwest was originaly coined when the the U.S. was a little smaller.

every thing west of the mississippi was the west, so that being said, what falls between the east and the river was the midwest.

M.C.

But, the west MOVED.... They just forgot to move the name, I guess.

Thanks for the info. Still doesn't make it right to call it the midwest, now. Oh well. It'll just be really nice to have a big event in the CENTRAL states, for once. Okay, maybe it's the north-central states. :D :D
 
The Midwest

JesPiddlin said:
But, the west MOVED.... They just forgot to move the name, I guess.

Thanks for the info. Still doesn't make it right to call it the midwest, now. Oh well. It'll just be really nice to have a big event in the CENTRAL states, for once. Okay, maybe it's the north-central states. :D :D

The Midwestern United States (also called the Midwest, the Middle West, and The Heartland) is one of the four geographic regions within the United States of America that are officially recognized by the United States Census Bureau. The region consists of twelve states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest
300px-Map_of_USA_Midwest.svg.png
 
sde said:

If you look it up in the weather maps and other places, you'll find they call Oklahoma all sorts of stuff. When I looked up Oklahoma in Wikipedia, I found it is considered part of the South Central region. When I looked up Heartland, it said it was the midwest, but didn't include Oklahoma. It's always been said that the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Bldg was bombed in the Heartland of the USA. It's located in Oklahoma. I guess Oklahoma is still just "No Man's Land."

I didn't mean to hijack the thread over the term midwest. Thanks for all the responses, but this thread is supposed to be all about the stuff going on in Michigan for the sake of pool. Great thread... Let's keep it going, okay? Obviously, Michigan is in the midwest, even though it's way east of the west. :confused: The important thing is that it has great stuff going on and it's NOT on either coast, for once! :thumbup:

I hope the Expo works out. I just think that's a grand idea and I'm all for it!
 
If everyone supports this

and if they support the MPT, Got Action Wear, the LIVE Billiards show and the EXPO we will have a lot more in this part of the country for pool players and enthusiasts.

Lets hope everyone spreads the word and everyone supports it so we can continue it!

Thanks for your excitement its a great start!!!!
 
Definitely include.......

Bobby Hunter for another pro's perspective as well as cue maker......and since he's nearby and from G.R.......

Would like to hear.....who was their main influence
...............................how did they go from high B to where they are, both physical and mental aspects
.............................what does it take to stay there.....
...............................what's in the bag
...........................most memorable/best match
............................biggest score
.............................most racks run in a row..any game
.............................of the players not there already, who should be in the Hall of Fame
............................who was the best player they ever saw play

I'll stop there....:)

td
 
  • Like
Reactions: sde
Good Questions and

Bob Hunter would be amazing to snag for the show!!! I'll be sure to get him here or try to bribe him anyway!

Keep em coming along with any funny or odd pool stories you think would be entertaining to share to the world!!

Thanks much! I hope you all can tune in and like the show, live streams and eventually the Expo!
 
Back
Top