A nice pair of Searings...

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I was lucky enough to pick up a second Searing. Here are a couple of pics of the pair. Enjoy...
Searings008.jpg

Searings002.jpg

Searings003-1.jpg

Searings004.jpg

Searings007.jpg

Searings005.jpg

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not so bad if you like those sort of cues...

Congrats on the new pickup. I was shocked that it was up for sale.

Thanks for sharing,
Chris

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Always nice to have Searings like these. congrats Dan. My latest pick-up was a work truck. lol
"country"

Derrick Steel

.....Viper Killer.....
Silver Member
Searing

I believe your ebony hoppe cue was origionally bumperless. Can you tell any difference in how it plays after you added the bumper? The reason I ask is I have a bumperless Searing and was also considering having a bumper added by Dennis for protection.

Attachments

• DennisSearing3.JPG
    DennisSearing3.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 915

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing like a half joint cue by Dennis for a player.
They are monsters.
Both are very nice.

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe your ebony hoppe cue was origionally bumperless. Can you tell any difference in how it plays after you added the bumper? The reason I ask is I have a bumperless Searing and was also considering having a bumper added by Dennis for protection.

Yes sir, it was a bumperless cue when I got it. I had Dennis make me a new bolt tapped for a bumper to protect it. He matched the weight perfectly( down to a couple hundreths of an ounce). In my opinion the hit is even more solid and somewhat quieter. I think it hits better, but hit is subjective. Talk to Dennis about it, I think he agrees with me though.
I love it, by the way I'd like to see pics of yours!
Dan Z

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Used cues

2 nice cues...
with worn tips and chalked!
"Glad to see someone Using thier Searing Cues ;)

Derrick Steel

.....Viper Killer.....
Silver Member
Yes sir, it was a bumperless cue when I got it. I had Dennis make me a new bolt tapped for a bumper to protect it. He matched the weight perfectly( down to a couple hundreths of an ounce). In my opinion the hit is even more solid and somewhat quieter. I think it hits better, but hit is subjective. Talk to Dennis about it, I think he agrees with me though.
I love it, by the way I'd like to see pics of yours!
Dan Z

Thanks for the info. Here is a quick pic of mine. Looks very similar to yours. Has a 1/2 steel joint, 4 point, leather wrap and custom Searing jp's.

Attachments

• DennisSearing.JPG
    DennisSearing.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 648
Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i like bumperless cues, if the finish is done right(100000% positive Mr.Searing can do that) the finish will not chip. If its sprayed on the edges and bottom ot the cue it will chip, I have one cue that was sprayed like that and it chipped in the case. I have a GSB and play with it often it will never chip. If I ever get a Searing (and I going to) I'm 99% sure it will be bumperless.

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not so much for protection, its....

Fatboy2, its not so much for protection the hit changes. It feels more solid, I'm not sure how to explain the difference, but its real. The cue has less vibration, almost like it gives more feel.
The increase in protection doesn't hurt either!
Dan Z

Derrick Steel

.....Viper Killer.....
Silver Member
With a bumper or w/o a bumper either way Dennis make an outstanding cue! Thanks for posting your pics Dan and enjoy your Searings! :thumbup:

XPLAYHARDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet cues

BEAUTIFUL CUES MY FRIEND SORRY TO SAY THATS ANOTHER NAME TO GO WITH SZAMBOTI THATS NOT YET IN MY STABLE. THAT HOPPE SEARING IS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY ALSO MNICE TO SEE THESE BABIES ARE USED BUT NOT ABUSED:thumbup::thumbup: JEFF