A Question To All Cue Makers And Cue Experts

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently bought a used predator sneaky pete (3/14 shaft) for 150... after i hit a few balls i noticed that there was a click to it on some shots, and found a hairline crack extending about 3 inches from the butt.

my question is, aside from that annoying clack noise, does it effect the shot, aim or anything like that? I haven't felt anything that would change or hinder my shot but im sure a cuemaker would know more about this.

Also, will the crack keep getting worse with play?
I was thinking of taking a needle and putting crazy glue between the crack and then wrapping the handle in duct tape.... would that help hold the crack in place or would it just make my cue look ugly?

Any input, suggestions or a used uni-loc butt would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks.
 
ioCross said:
I recently bought a used predator sneaky pete (3/14 shaft) for 150... after i hit a few balls i noticed that there was a click to it on some shots, and found a hairline crack extending about 3 inches from the butt.

my question is, aside from that annoying clack noise, does it effect the shot, aim or anything like that? I haven't felt anything that would change or hinder my shot but im sure a cuemaker would know more about this.

Also, will the crack keep getting worse with play?
I was thinking of taking a needle and putting crazy glue between the crack and then wrapping the handle in duct tape.... would that help hold the crack in place or would it just make my cue look ugly?

Any input, suggestions or a used uni-loc butt would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks.

Sorry partner, sounds like you were taken. The may be repairable, I would contact a cue maker or repairman in your area. But the solution if possible is to take the cue back where you got it.
 
I am not a cue maker or "expert," but I think it is more likely that the "click" noise is due to the area of the ferrule and tip. It might be that the tip is not completely attached to the ferrule. On several occasions when I have heard a sound like that and removed the tip, I have seen a small area under the tip where the tip was not firmly attached. This leaves a tiny air pocket that can make that click sound upon impact with the cue ball. You might replace the tip and see if this low cost solution helps.
 
Put this thread in the ask the cue maker section. Surely they can tell you what to do to fix the problem!
 
Back
Top