ABR 2Nite: Is Dechaine Retired?

ABR

ABR Public Relations
Silver Member
Join us this week for a chat with the American pro Mike Dechaine as he discusses his career and his future plans. On the opposite end of the continent, Chris Swart joins us from California to give us the low-down on this year's West Coast Swing.
Listen now: www.americanbilliardradio.com

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for posting. I enjoy your broadcasts and had forgot about them. Mike stepping back for a year for break and as 'observer'. No real future as far as making a real living which is true for most.

Looking forward to West Coast Swing @ Cal Billiards and following week's 100K 1 pocket Challenge 15 minutes from my pad. It's once a year 'live' for me otherwise it's the streams:thumbup:

Have a good weekend,

-Kat,

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
Join us this week for a chat with the American pro Mike Dechaine as he discusses his career and his future plans. On the opposite end of the continent, Chris Swart joins us from California to give us the low-down on this year's West Coast Swing.
Listen now: www.americanbilliardradio.com

I hope you make it a constructive and truthful interview with MD! A couple questions would be is how serious is his "alcoholic drug" problem and why did he go so far as to call SVB out on him dating a minor and silently implying she was a minor and it didn't look good for him!

I would love to know those 2 questions!

Eli

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps he is stepping back as he can't even play regional events, that the bread and butter. Maybe a year away he can reflect and figure out his attitude is what's wrong with him, and if not changed it will be impossible to make it in poll, as it's already hard if you're a step below the elite, no need for roadblocks for yourself

Mainplayer

Gold Member
Perhaps he is stepping back as he can't even play regional events, that the bread and butter. Maybe a year away he can reflect and figure out his attitude is what's wrong with him, and if not changed it will be impossible to make it in poll, as it's already hard if you're a step below the elite, no need for roadblocks for yourself

I am stepping back because its the right thing to do for myself and my future. As far as my attitude, I am the heel of billiards and every sport has one. And for the Joss Tour, I am happy not to be participation in that. Mike Zuglan has a great tour, but it is one that is slowing evolving into a decent amateur tour and soon will be no place for good players.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for chirping in here MD. I respect your decision. Sometimes in life you need to step back, reflect and make a few changes in lifestyle and or career.

Ignore the haters. I have seen you compete and win against the best. Being Moscone Cup Team Member is something many would love to have done.

Good luck Mike, I wish you all the best:groucho:

-Kat,

I am stepping back because its the right thing to do for myself and my future. As far as my attitude, I am the heel of billiards and every sport has one. And for the Joss Tour, I am happy not to be participation in that. Mike Zuglan has a great tour, but it is one that is slowing evolving into a decent amateur tour and soon will be no place for good players.

ABR

ABR Public Relations
Silver Member
I hope you make it a constructive and truthful interview with MD! A couple questions would be is how serious is his "alcoholic drug" problem and why did he go so far as to call SVB out on him dating a minor and silently implying she was a minor and it didn't look good for him!

I would love to know those 2 questions!

Eli

The primary purpose of the interview was to let Mike answer the question about his retirement, and perhaps discuss his future plans if he was comfortable doing so.

Dwelling on negative subjects, while sometimes necessary, is typically not useful for anything but more gossip, mudslinging, and ultimately more bruises on the apple that is pool.

Beyond that, ask yourself this question: How far is too far? When it comes to someone else's personal life.

Is it any of my business if your wife or girlfriend was unfaithful? Or if you were?
Do I need to know if you've ever had to much to drink or smoke and did some stupid shit ?
Do any of us need to know what you do for a living, how much you earn, and how you spend it?

I'm not defending Mike. I've never met the guy. I'm letting you know that we (ABR) are not in the business of interviewing people for the purpose pinning them to the wall with questions they don't want to answer and probably shouldn't answer.

That being said, we also allow our guests to speak as freely as THEY are comfortable with, so if there is in fact any controversial topic to be discussed, it will be by their own choice and not ours.

I hope this sheds a little more light on our modus operandi, and we thank you for listening to our programs.

Pete Z.
AbR Public Relations

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... On the opposite end of the continent, Chris Swart joins us from California to give us the low-down on this year's West Coast Swing...[/url]

Can you give us an update on season four of the Mezz Wes States Tour?

Thank you.