Action in MD?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Anyone want to play a little today or early tomorrow? I live near annapolis but I drive around a little. Brews n cues in GB, bankshots, center pocket, the revolution in va. Anyone play around here? I'm looking to find someone at least an apa 6 that likes to play.

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Go to Top Hat, Triple 9, or Fast Eddies in Springfield, Va.
You'll find someone to play in any of these rooms.

Tom

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Completely off topic, but sort of related - There's a book on furniture around here somewhere, and it has a picture of one of the first pool tables in America, listed as in Annapolis. The bed in those days was wood blocks on a grid system to mitigate, or at least minimize warping. Apparently common on the Euro and other early tables. When they recovered a table, the techs of the time had to re-plane & scrape it flat again.

My son went to St Johns a few years ago, and despite the illustrious start for the capital city of MD, never found a place to play when down on visits. I still get down there (from upstate NY) occasionally, any leads without going much out of town?

(Not at your level player, been out of the game too long, and too slow getting back in).

smt

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I've played at fast eddies or the revolution whichever is the real name. It seems to be all 1p action but I haven't been there a bunch. I will have to check out Top Hat though thats new to me.

Ssonerai - there is a place in annapolis called union jacks that has a few small tables i've heard are nice. It's a pub style place but I haven't played there yet.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bank Shot Bar and Grill in Laurel, MD. https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-bank-shot-bar-and-grill-laurel

They have one-pocket tournaments at QBall1 in Lanham, MD, but there's also some 9-ball players on any given day. Equipment is kept in pristine condition. It's a no-frills pool room, meaning it's a player's room. No sports TVs and loud music. It's all about pool. https://www.quball1.com/

A lot of folks, especially on Sundays, like Cues and Brews in Glen Burne, MD. http://www.brews-cues.com/

The new kid on the block is 7 Billiards on Shady Grove Road in Gaithersburg, MD. Not sure about the action there yet because it's pretty new. Diamond tables. https://www.yelp.com/biz/7-billiards-shady-grove-gaithersburg

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone. Qball and Top hat are new to me so i'll have to check them out soon. 1P i've only practiced alone a bit and watched some matches so maybe it would be good to get into game. a cheap game :)

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Thanks everyone. Qball and Top hat are new to me so i'll have to check them out soon. 1P i've only practiced alone a bit and watched some matches so maybe it would be good to get into game. a cheap game :)

If you wanna be able to match up with folks regularly in the greater DC area, learning one pocket would be a key ingredient.

crazysnake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want to learn how to play One pocket, Quball 1 is the place.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ssonerai - there is a place in annapolis called union jacks that has a few small tables i've heard are nice. It's a pub style place but I haven't played there yet

Thank you for the information. Was down in Jan. & had a free evening, might have been nice. When son was still down there, we were told at one point that public pool tables had been outlawed in town. Good to know the other spots people posted, though i don't work in DC area as much as previous years.

Thanks!
smt