ADAM cues in U.S.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did Willie play with a Balabushka as his regular cue? For some reason the name sticks in my mind as there was some kind of association when it was made. (or maybe I'm talking out of my butt which is a higher chance)

Nope, I'm not talking out of my butt this time. Look what I just found being sold on Ebay and how it's named:

Willie used Rambo cues.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Willie used Rambo cues.

He used Rambo cues but here's the description in the link:

This cue is an exact duplicate of one of Willie Mosconi’s inlaid cues that are in the
Hall of Fame. This Cue was made by original Adam Japan Factory in A Helmstetter Custom Design From
Mosconi HOF Collection, This Beauty Hits and plays great. Its construction is entirely handmade with truly
8 prong assembly and hand cut inlays, this type of work is seldom seen in todays cue manufacturing.
This work of art which was made by the world famous factory of Adam , Helmstetter, Balabushka,
karella , Viscotti and many custom collectable designs. Only the Finest Ebony, and Burl maple w mother of pearl star inlays
leather Wrap 13mm Tip 5/16 x 14 joint
MSRP--- $1000.00

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the description in the link:
This cue is an exact duplicate of one of Willie Mosconi’s inlaid cues that are in the
Hall of Fame. This Cue was made by original Adam Japan Factory in A Helmstetter Custom Design From
Mosconi HOF Collection, This Beauty Hits and plays great. Its construction is entirely handmade with truly
8 prong assembly and hand cut inlays, this type of work is seldom seen in todays cue manufacturing.
This work of art which was made by the world famous factory of Adam , Helmstetter, Balabushka,
karella , Viscotti and many custom collectable designs. Only the Finest Ebony, and Burl maple w mother of pearl star inlays
leather Wrap 13mm Tip 5/16 x 14 joint
MSRP--- $1000.00
He used Rambo's to win all his titles. They were his favorite. He may have used a 'bushka late in his career. Not sure.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
He used Rambo's to win all his titles. They were his favorite. He may have used a 'bushka late in his career. Not sure.
However, and whoever was behind the design and creation of this cue along with the history is what it is. All I know is that it's a beautiful cue and really does play nicely. I'm glad this all came up because I'll be putting it to work instead of sitting forgotten and hidden.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
However, and whoever was behind the design and creation of this cue along with the history is what it is. All I know is that it's a beautiful cue and really does play nicely. I'm glad this all came up because I'll be putting it to work instead of sitting forgotten and hidden.
I can't imagine why the Willie Mosconi designation. They started out as a remake of the A/H-26, part of the Classic Series.
The remakes where changed to avoid any confusion like on this model they used blue veneers in the forearm and no colors in veneered boxes in the butt sleeve, different pin, bumper, joint rings, etc... But same basic idea. Here is an original. The top shaft was original to that cue, the lower was from another cue that had 3 shafts so I gave one to this cue.

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Last edited:

mistamikel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have to assume (yep, I know the saying) that WM did use that design at some point as both Joss and Predator both released this cue (slight variation) as WM tribute cues.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Willie never used a cue this ornate.
Not even for exhibitions or just "showin' off"?

I found this Willie Mosconi story on the internet. (nothing to do with his cue)

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not even for exhibitions or just "showin' off"?
every single picture/video i've ever seen were him and a Rambo. I saw him do two exhib. late in his days and both were with Rambos. he may have hit a all with one but he never used one to any extent.

Last edited: