Adam Savage - you legend!!!

Big Dave

Pool Hack!!!
Silver Member
I've watched literally hundreds of Adam Savage's videos on YouTube where he demonstrates his crafting skills and explains tools etc, but I didn't realise he was a massive fan of pool, and especially all types of pool books.

...And then he drops this video today!

Adam Savage - you rock star!!!

middleofnowhere

Registered
That was a nice video. He tries to be profound, but may not be quite as on point as it applies to the pool hustler. He sees them as a more then they are. After around 60 years in the world of pool I have known may pool hustlers, was a half assed one myself. They are not that complicated. To most of them pool was just a means to an end, and not a very grand end I should say.

Had they applied the same efforts to most anything else they would have been far more rewarded. Many could have probably been really top players. However found with less effort they could still achieve their ends. Or maybe they saw the game for what it is, a pass time with no real rewards, at least not financially.

Last edited:

middleofnowhere

Registered
You got me hooked on the Adam Savage videos on YouTube I think I spent most of the day watching them. I was a really big fan of mythbusters.

So as a result today I found myself reading different things about mythbusters and there was a guy on the show whose name I forget oh wait I think his name was Grant he was the Oriental guy. I was shocked to discover that just last July he died of a brain aneurysm at the age of 49.

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm gonna have to check this out. I didn't know Adam was on Youtube. I was a big Mythbusters fan. I remember hearing about Grant. He was smarter than hell. I didn't think he was that old.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool, I watched the early Mythbuster's stuff and have watched quite a few of his one day build stuff but had no idea he was a pool fan.