Adams series what do the letters stand for?

South_Florida

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I know most of these below, but what is?
N/B ?:confused:
F/G ?:confused:

Anyone know of any other model codes?

T/J = Twin Joint / double thread
A/H - Adams Helmstetter?
H = Helmstetter
A = Adam Custom
DX = Deluxe
97/98 = year of cue design

I like Helmstetters, and with that I like Adams cues, so I am wondering what all this stands for.
 
Last edited:
I think I know most of these below, but what is?
N/B ?:confused:
F/G ?:confused:

Anyone know of any other model codes?

T/J = Twin Joint / double thread
A/H - Adams Helmstetter?
H = Helmstetter
A = Adams Custom
DX = Deluxe
97/98 = year of cue design

I like Helmstetters, and with that I like Adams cues, so I am wondering what all this stands for.

No "s" on Adam; it's a given name (first name) rather than a surname (last name). From the Blue Book of Pool Cues:

"In 1968, Richard [Helmstetter] met Dave Forman, who was importing two lines of cues which he manufactured in Japan. Dave enlisted Richard to improve and expand his Japanese cuemaking facility. In October of 1969, Richard moved to Japan to begin this project. Richard bought new machinery for the facility and had kilns custom made for drying wood. Two years later, Adam Custom Cues was born, named after Dave Forman's first grandson."
 
Thanks AtLarge, I have the book and did actually read that part, what are you an English Teacher?

Thanks Black-Balled for answering the question, I will add it to the list.

N/B ?
F/G ?
Anyone know of any other model codes?

Current List
R/A: Adam's First Catalog, circa 1970.
Ccs: Carl conlon series
T/J = Twin Joint / double thread
A/H - Adam Helmstetter
H = Helmstetter
A = Adam Custom
DX = Deluxe
97/98 = year of cue design
 
Last edited:
Back
Top