Added a Gold Crown cue rack!

Lewie

Registered
I’ve been wanting one for years to go with my GCI and finally found one in decent shape.

Painted the whole thing using the same SW Whitetail paint
f2a1cb9ae95515f8882f4126aa1673e7.jpg

I used on my table about 5 yrs ago. The old rubber “nibs” were in bad shape so I ordered new ones from Classic Billiards. Those were a pain to get in but cleaning out the holes with a 1/4” bolt helped get the old gunk out. I still had to use some hand soap on some to get them to go in. Cleaned & waxed the wood & it was good to go!

It looks a helluva lot better than the cheap POS I had on the wall before.
31aec478d4b3c2f510b2dfe5ac73613f.jpg

89664676238fe5fa9a2f1eaacf4acf39.jpg

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Looks good - congrats. (y) Unique, yet not gaudy/overkill cue racks are hard to find. I spent hours searching for just the right thing and between too invasive or expensive (way over priced) I just settled back into simple, in black. It hides easier into the wall and color schemes.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(y)(y) Very cool to have to complement the table and the room; and a great piece of history too!

Whenever I see a GCI with the vibrant colors and a period era cue rack - it just instantly brings one straight back to that feeling when you walked into a pool room with the colors popping, the chrome, the ashtrays, etc. contrasting with an otherwise darker room where the table lights directed to the beds of the occupied tables showed the way; where glory or doom would rule your day!

Last edited:

Lewie

Registered
(y)(y)
Whenever I see a GCI with the vibrant colors and a period era cue rack - it just instantly brings one straight back to that feeling when you walked into a pool room with the colors popping, the chrome, the ashtrays, etc. contrasting with an otherwise darker room where the table lights directed to the beds of the occupied tables showed the way; where glory or doom would rule your day!

Love it! Me too. This basement has the retro vibe going on. I’ve left it mostly original. The house was built in 1960. I was born in ‘60 & the GCI was made around then. Although I didn’t hang out in pool halls a whole lot, growing up in the 60s & 70s was cool.

Here’s a couple pics of the adjacent bar. My other favorite room.
bd094cc0cf033f6f6782e92dd19e9346.jpg

2ecb573e5223cec3a71dbd7e87f652cf.jpg

Last edited: