Adjusting to Contacts

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I went today and finally got contacts. I've never wore them before and I've always had glasses. I've been without glasses for over a year and I've just been winging it on the table and holding my own. My question is how did it take for some of you guys to adjust? I have a pretty big money game.....to me anyway....coming up on Saturday and I don't know if I should try to wear the contacts for it.

vladiville22

Registered
you'll be fine...i always have refresh tears with me when i play.. so my eyes won't dry with the contacts while playing for a long time.....

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Good advice from the other posters Allen. You should definitely wear them. Look at this way ... would you rather see sharply or a little fuzzy/blurry? Really an easy question to answer. I had no adjustment time at all ... I just saw better!

I also agree with having a bottle of re-wetting drops handy. Some people don't need it but you'll know if you do. Good luck. :thumbup:

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you will learn to appreciate the contacts. Once you get use to them they are great. I do not know how guys with glasses play.

I recently had an eye issue and the doctor told me to not wear my contacts for 5 days. I keep trying to look over the top of them and I had to adjust back to having a lease 3/4 of inch from my eye to a lends that sits on my eye.

Both my father and father in law wear glasses and play pool with me and the both struggle with it too.

Race2-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Contact Adjustment

I wear Day/Night lenses that allow more oxygen and stay wet from tears easier. Although you will hear you can sleep in lenses most doctors will tell you it's not a good idea.
As has been stated, keep rewetting drops with you, smoke just kills lenses clarity and comfortability.
Last but not least, you may find a minor change to your stance because the balls actually look round and I found clarity to be great, especially cutting balls.
Good luck

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I've been wearing these for about 4 hours now. I did get my eyes dialated but they are back to normal. I can see better without the contacts in. With them in its just way too cloudy and I've even put the drops in my eyes. I'll give them another shot in the morning when my eyes are fresh.

Thanks to all that have chimed in. There seems to be some good info for me to use here.