Adjustment advice: from Diamond 9' to Diamond barbox

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
I'm playing in the Big Tyme 9-ball tournament tomorrow and would like your advice. I'd love to win a few games or even a match. :)

I have a 9' Diamond at home and play or practice a few hours, almost every day. The tournament will be played on Diamond barbox tables with Aramith red circle cue balls. I already play with a red circle, BTW.

I'd like to know what adjustments I might need to make to my normal playing style to increase my chances at the tourney.

If I had to rate my skill, I'd say I'm usually in the B to maybe B+ range.

If I knew of any D-BB's near my home, I would have put in some table time.

I searched through the forum and found some great BB advice, but I'd like to ask for advice or observations specific to the Diamond BB's. Other than overall dimensions, are there any noteworthy differences?

Of course, I'll also take any general barbox 9-ball advice you can spare.

Thanks!
 
Had the same questions when I first went to the regional finals for my apa team a month or two ago. The thing I discovered most useful is that diamond bar boxes, or at least the ones I played on, all bank short. You have to adjust but personally I did find banking on those tables to be alot easier. Good luck.
 
I've only played a few bar boxes tournaments, all of them on diamond bar box, best advise I ever got was: "always play position to center table". If you follow that advise you'll usually be ok. Also, distance for safety is not as useful in a bar box as on a 9ft
 
I'm playing in the Big Tyme 9-ball tournament tomorrow and would like your advice. I'd love to win a few games or even a match. :)

I have a 9' Diamond at home and play or practice a few hours, almost every day. The tournament will be played on Diamond barbox tables with Aramith red circle cue balls. I already play with a red circle, BTW.

I'd like to know what adjustments I might need to make to my normal playing style to increase my chances at the tourney.

If I had to rate my skill, I'd say I'm usually in the B to maybe B+ range.

If I knew of any D-BB's near my home, I would have put in some table time.

I searched through the forum and found some great BB advice, but I'd like to ask for advice or observations specific to the Diamond BB's. Other than overall dimensions, are there any noteworthy differences?

Of course, I'll also take any general barbox 9-ball advice you can spare.

Thanks!

If the BB's have a red logo on them the rails will bounce real hard... If so, play shape to avoid the rails as much as possible. If its a blue logo you'll adjust to it pretty quick.
 
Back
Top