Advice for road player

phreaticus

If you're itching for a fight, I'll be your Huckleberry - just shoot me a PM, and we can arrange to meet. Otherwise, watch your mouth, because as I said before: I DON'T LIKE BULLIES.
OMG, it just keeps getting greater fun around here. Based on your avg 3 post a day in your short time around here, I'd say it's you that abusing the rest of us with your absurd drivel, but you definitely have me running scared for shelter. Can you share some pics of your black belt, numchuks and 64 oz mountain dew mug, or are you busy hunting the remote still? We may have to sick @dirtvictim on you for some angry emoji treatments

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, he asked about tips for a friend who was coming from Europe to America to travel around for months gambling at pool. Not sure why you think it has to be confined to hustling secrets only as he never said anything like that. If you don't think that pointing out how traveling around America gambling at pool can come with more potential dangers than he may be used to where he is from is actually completely relevant to the question he asked then I can't help you. Sounds like you chose to have a knee jerk reaction rather than thinking it out.

It certainly can be, especially when alcohol and money are involved. If you don't think so then you can't possibly have half the experience you claim to have. But you don't have to just take my word for it, anybody else that actually has much experience gambling can relate probably a number of dangerous situations they have been in, seen, and are aware of. Heck, most people that have never even traveled playing pool or that don't even gamble themselves but have played for a while could tell you stories about the dangers they have seen related to bars, pool halls, and gambling in pool. Ask any road player if being on the road gambling can come with some big dangers and see what they tell you, I know the answer. Also, if you don't think America can be more dangerous than big parts of Europe then I don't know what to tell you about that either, and remember, we don't know where this guy is from so the advice was given in case he is from an area where he would not be familiar with some of the unique dangers that America or gambling in America can have.

It's really not important but certain parts of America can give most places on earth a pretty decent run for their money in the dangerous department, even more so for a guy who happens to be white, and being from Europe there is a pretty decent chance he is white.

But even if there are a lot more dangerous places in the world on average, so what, what does that have to do with anything? He isn't going to some other country, he is coming to America. All that matters is whether America can be dangerous, and whether traveling around America gambling can be dangerous, and whether it can be more dangerous than what he may be used to where he is from, and the answer to all of it is yes. Nobody was saying he is guaranteed to have any problems, just making him aware of some potential that may be different than what he may expect or be used to so that he doesn't enter the situation naive and unprepared.
I believe in helping people. I think you might have noticed that with my posts here on AZB

Yes steering the guy around and safely is a honor to do for anyone. It’s our responsibility as pool players and Americans. That’s not the issue.

All the other nonsense that was white noise and scarey shit wasn’t necessary. That’s what pissed me off.

Don’t scare the poor guy away when it’s not really that bad.

Yeah I seen the guns come out 3 times in my life in the pool room. Cocaine days in the 80’s is why. Yea I’ve seen fights, yes I been attacked(once) in a pool room over a game I played a few days before. I’ve seen the cops come in and cuff up guys for who knows what. I been around. Worse places than pool rooms.

All that aside, 99.5% if the hours I’ve spent in the pool room have been drama free. For simple math 5/1000 hours-there’s a bit of drama. Of which 99.9% I wasn’t a party to and I just slid out the door or ignored it.

That’s all I got.

Hope your well, safe and sound. Don’t double steer anyone, don’t dump, don’t sell dope, don’t borrow what you can’t pay and be nice. Those are the rules I play by in pool and thank goodness I’m ok. One last one-no air barrels, big troubles

Best and take care

Fatboy 😃

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy, its a lost cause & humor will not be tolerated.

I’m also cracking up at all the uptight assumptions and sanctimonious aunt B safety briefs, but I think these guys all mean well. My only conclusion is that the den of clucking church mommys just haven’t gotten around much even in the US, let alone a football match in UK, concert in Germany, or a biker bar in Prague.

Istanbul is my second favorite city on the planet after Barcelona. So jealous… Safe travels!
Barcelona is wonderful! I like it better than Istanbul in some ways. Hard to pick a favorite. The history in Istanbul is deep and cool. Foods better in Barcelona imo.

Travel is the best teacher.

I was in a real tight spot in Tbilisi Georgia in 2017, wow that was scary. I got in the wrong taxi and was at a house not a hotel(fake website led me there)

In 2020 went to Egypt, I usually can talk my way into or out of any situation. I’m lucky like that. Gift of gab thing. Anyways-where I was at, not Cairo but sheik de sharm or some thing name that, was literally BFE. They HATED Americans, I figured that out-so I switched to being South African for a couple days. Then I got the 411. They love Italians. So I was a Italian the last few days lol

Best
Fatboy <———traveling is the best teacher👨🏻‍🎓

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s not a matter of scaring anyone, it’s making them aware of what can and has happened.

Gail and I just spent two weeks in Argentina. We flew, we used private drivers, taxis, the subway, the bus, and walked. And no issues.

But from doing a little homework I knew to take my wallet and phone out of my back pockets on public transport to discourage pick pockets, to be careful when I handed a taxi driver a 1000 peso note to watch for a counterfeit bill switch, and not walk at night in the La Boca neighborhood.

We were never scared, just aware ;-)

Lou Figueroa

phreaticus

C'mon down, coward. I'll be at Shooters in Burnsville, Minnesota tonight - come meet me, and we can have it out like men. Let's go for a walk in a forest, you cowardly little twit.

I'm suddenly on the side of the guy who took your money. An A-hole like you deserves it.
Ok, I'll be sure to hop on a flight tonight.

I've lost what's even being discussed here which wasn't much to start with… You've managed to turned a fun thread into the usual AZB buzz kill and I'm personally way over my post count per actual rack played limit for this week, if not the year. I'll leave you to it, big guy. Have fun with uncle Hector at the mooselodge tonight, hopefully your ringer is still working. Hoping a little pop culture humor might diffuse your testosterone levels, but not holding my breath.

2C72736F-9371-4991-B928-55DC3FC00180.jpeg

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And let us not forget the players who were robbed in the elevators of the executive west.
You never know where the next Pickle will be.
I took a under cover body armed body guard.

He was my top security guard from my house, nobody ever knew. He blended right in.

The EW was a easy lick for those in the know, they peeled lots of people.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've lost what's even being discussed here which wasn't much to start with… You've managed to turned a fun thread into the usual AZB buzz kill and I'm personally way over my post count per actual rack played limit for this week, if not the year. I'll leave you to it you big guy. Have fun with uncle Hector at the mooselodge tonight, hopefully your ringer is still working. Hoping a little pop culture humor might diffuse your testosterone levels, but not holding my breath.

View attachment 645583
Remember before he got in the meth biz he was in Bolivia working for Sosa in Scarface.

I’d like to believe it’s the same character who just went to work for a new outfit.

He was a brilliant actor. Not many words, but his energy was very strong and present. That’s real talent-imo.

Fatboy<——-🍿🍿 not a movie critic

phreaticus

Some of that is luck, but a lot of it is awareness.

One of my friends was jacked in Buenos Aires. Dude was tall, but gave off no killer vibes, was by himself with a backpack, and some kids mobbed him and beat him pretty badly.

The criminals know that if a woman is with you, the cops will take a greater interest.

Even in the 21st Century, if you're a guy by yourself, you better be ready to kill, or others will sense your weakness, and take advantage of you.

I was totally on your side, then you decided to insult me and try to bully me.

I'd have been the guy to help you kick your bully's ass, but you turned me into the guy who wants to kick your ass, and will buy your bully a beer.

Good job!
WTF are you babbling about dude? Are you mixing up some other thread, along with your meds, or what? There is this guy CocoboloCowboy, I think you guys might communicate clearly with each other & get along rather well

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fights are for kids or outraged people who can’t think of a better solution.

And save the roid rage nonsense. I did every roid in the book many times in high enough doses that if roid rage was a real thing, I’d have had it. I have enough of a brain not to need that excuse. And that’s all it is.

A excuse to fight. In the joint, yes it’s necessary. In the free world-please……

Self defense, that’s not a fight. That’s a crime scene.

Fatboy<——off to his MMA class 😂😂

Minnesota Phat

I've lost what's even being discussed here which wasn't much to start with… You've managed to turned a fun thread into the usual AZB buzz kill and I'm personally way over my post count per actual rack played limit for this week, if not the year. I'll leave you to it, big guy. Have fun with uncle Hector at the mooselodge tonight, hopefully your ringer is still working. Hoping a little pop culture humor might diffuse your testosterone levels, but not holding my breath.

View attachment 645583
Incidentally, I'm not going to do anything to you, and you're totally fine.

I react against people getting in my face. YOU did that. You didn't have to be an a**hole towards me, but you chose to do that.

Just have a modicum of respect, that's all I ask.

You started this fight based on me agreeing with you and saying I didn't like your bully.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WTF are you babbling about dude? Are you mixing up some other thread, along with your meds, or what? There is this guy CocoboloCowboy, I think you guys might communicate clearly get along rather well
Cowboy is 78-79, I give him a pass. If he was 10 years younger. No pass. Late 70’s-he’s cool by me. At least hers here and saying something

My fat ass will be in a diet nap with nothing to say when my skeleton is his age

Fatboy<——-digging his grave

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fight isle 2

Here comes Mike

See you guys later. It ain’t worth it….

Minnesota Phat

Remember before he got in the meth biz he was in Bolivia working for Sosa in Scarface.

I’d like to believe it’s the same character who just went to work for a new outfit.

He was a brilliant actor. Not many words, but his energy was very strong and present. That’s real talent-imo.

Fatboy<——-🍿🍿 not a movie critic
I don't know you, but I kind of love you, Fatboy.

phreaticus

Cowboy is 78-79, I give him a pass. If he was 10 years younger. No pass. Late 70’s-he’s cool by me. At least hers here and saying something

My fat ass will be in a diet nap with nothing to say when my skeleton is his age

Fatboy<——-digging his grave
Yeah, I follow your lead and let CCboy have his harmless space, sort of like the old guys who ate too many shrooms who stare at the sky waiting for aliens during the drums & space solo at Dead shows.

These other nutters are fun to troll torture a bit, but this guy is another level. Aside from having no clue wtf he’s on about, now he wants to reach up my ass. I am actually overdue for the dreaded annual 50+ physical, but I think I’ll keep procrastinating

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know you, but I kind of love you, Fatboy.
Thx man that really means a lot.😀🙏🏼❤️

I have zero family and people I know and like and that like me have a higher value to me than a average person with a family. So thank you ☺️

I know some people hate me and I respect that too. I’m not perfect, and I’m out of line sometimes. But at the end of the day, I try and make people smile, I want to have something to offer-not just be a taker.

Talks cheap, but I do live like that-meaning more than just talk-here it’s talk. More so the older I get. I’m 55, have some kinda serious health issues. Not dying soon, but I ain’t making 75. I fell on the stairs (concrete) wow that hurt. Tmr it’s really gonna hurt. Nothing broke. But the bruises on my shin bone. Yikes. I want to help out people. I’ve been more than lucky.

That’s why:

I try and do my best here.

And I actually learn a lot here as well.

Best and thx again

Fatboy <———loves his nickname 😃😃🟧

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I follow your lead and let CCboy have his harmless space, sort of like the old guys who ate too many shrooms who stare at the sky waiting for aliens during the drums in space solo at Dead shows.

These other nutters are fun to troll torture a bit, but this guy is another level. Aside from having no clue wtf he’s on about, now he wants to reach up my ass. I am actually overdue for the dreaded annual 50+ physical, but I think I’ll keep procrastinating
I’m 55 and haven’t had a colonoscopy……that’s a bit much. My friends dying at 65 from colon cancer that made it to his liver last year. I need to go.

I know one guy 83, great shape. He said “stay in front of your health problems, you’ll live longer”. He’s correct.

Stay fit
Fatboy💪💪

Minnesota Phat

Thx man that really means a lot.😀🙏🏼❤️

I have zero family and people I know and like and that like me have a higher value to me than a average person with a family. So thank you ☺️

I know some people hate me and I respect that too. I’m not perfect, and I’m out of line sometimes. But at the end of the day, I try and make people smile, I want to have something to offer-not just be a taker.

Talks cheap, but I do live like that-meaning more than just talk-here it’s talk. More so the older I get. I’m 55, have some kinda serious health issues. Not dying soon, but I ain’t making 75. I fell on the stairs (concrete) wow that hurt. Tmr it’s really gonna hurt. Nothing broke. But the bruises on my shin bone. Yikes. I want to help out people. I’ve been more than lucky.

That’s why:

I try and do my best here.

And I actually learn a lot here as well.

Best and thx again

Fatboy <———loves his nickname 😃😃🟧
Ahw man... that's rough.

I'm not really very hard - I've been attacked so much that I'm developing self-defense stuff - but all I really want is for everyone to be happy. I don't even want to be tough, but people try to bully me, and if they have to bully, then I have to put a depleted uranium anti-tank shell through their ass, because I'd rather die free than be a slave to people who try to bully me.

Don't die! You're really fun, and a lot of people like you. I'm sure some people love you.

If there are any angels on earth, I know I haven't met one yet. That's 48 years of living, and the number of angels I've discovered is zero. I know wonderful people, but no angels - everybody does some rotten stuff, sometimes. Nobody's perfect.

You should start playing pool again. People lie, but those phenolic spheres never lie. The honesty of those balls on the table is part of what seduced me to love pool. People lie, but the balls don't lie. You might lose, but who cares? Just hit the balls, and see what happens. They are honest, whereas no person on earth is totally honest.

The balls are honest, even if we lie about it.

Play pool (or billiards, if you're classy). Just play, and who cares about anything else?

We are just a blink on the scale of the cosmos. Trilobytes dominated the earth for something like 200 million years, but they didn't play pool, so f*** trilobytes.

Be the best version of yourself that you can be, and if you still end up being a piece of shi*, let's kick it, because I'm a piece of shi* too.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine from Europe is planning to travel in the US 3 months playing pool. He's a young guy who has improved a lot in the last 2-3 years and he's a decent money player but not a hustler.

Do you have any advice for him, best places, tactics etc.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Tell him come on over , it’s GRAVY over here . It’s so easy , every city / town has action ! Y’all shoot me a PM I know every spot , player and fishing 🎣 hole in the US . Heck , He can roll with me !!!!!