Advice needed- Shaft sent for repair over 3 months ago

Testa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello-

I'm looking for any suggestions on my situation-

On November 3rd 2010 my local pool hall owner shipped my predator Ikon 2 ( which had a slight warp in the butt) and my predator Z shaft to predator to replace a ferrule.

I know from times past that generally predator takes about 3 weeks to send back items.

On December 14th 2010 my local pool hall owner called predator to check the status of the Ikon and what they could do with it and the status of the Z shaft. Predator told him that they are still looking into what they can do for the Ikon and the Z shaft will be sent back repaired in the beginning of the next week December 20th. I knew with the holiday season that it could take until the end of the first week of January for me to get my Z shaft back.

January 7th comes around and no z shaft, January 14th no z shaft. I called customer service and was told that my local authorized predator dealer will have to call to check on the status of my items. So my local pool hall owner called predator to find out what was taking so long and to find out the status of what they can do for my Ikon 2. He was told that they will call him back in the next couple days with a definitive answer.

January 20th 2011 my local pool room owner gets a phone call from predator that they can do nothing for my Ikon 2 because predator does not warranty against warpage but will give me a discount on a new cue if I want to buy one. In regards to my Z shaft they said that they are trying out new cue repair shops and that my Z shaft is at one right now and will be completed by the end of the week. (But what happened back in December when they said it was being shipped back completed?) -

Predator shipped my Ikon 2 back to me on the 20th and I received it on the 24th - by which I was happy. It is now February 9th and I have not received my Z shaft back. I have sent over 5 emails asking for updates and to return my property to me.

I apologize this was a long winded rant but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps I missed a step or I am being unreasonable.

Thanks

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Typical Predator response. I fondly remember when Predator explained to me that my 314 shaft was acceptably warped. I disagreed and asked them why they did not just sell me an acceptably warped one in the first place? But that was that. I gave up on them at that point..
Good Luck!!

Testa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just find it amazing that - Players, Lucasi and many other "lower end" production cues warranty against warpage but predator wont stand behind their product.

In regards to my shaft- Its amazing the run around I have gotten - IMO its my property I want it back . They probably - A. Lost it or B. Will send it in the next 27 years.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Learn these terms...
OB Cue Shafts
Ca$h Cues Ferrule-less Shafts

Repeat liberally until the bad Predator memories fade away.

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
Wow I've never had a problem with Predator like that , some of you maybe remember about a year ago that I broke 2 Predator BK2 Shafts and the OG one that came with my BK2 I sent that back and before I send it to them I sent them pictures and everything then I got it back in about a week , the second shaft that I broke was on video and they told me to send it back were I got it .

That really sucks man that they took 3 months .

Sharkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trust me that is not the norm for Predator. When I was working there I was the customer service manager for many years and our normal turn around time was 2 weeks at the most.

As far as warranty against warpage. They inspect everything very carefully before it is shipped for warpage and defects. They will not ship something from the factory that is warped and should not be responsible for how it is handled after it leaves the factory. If you buy a new car and have it parked next to steel factory all day. You would not expect the manufacture to warranty the finish Some of the other manufactures offer to replace warped items but one; they make it very dificult to do so (most you have to have the original sales receipt before they will honor the warranty) and two; their cost on warranty items like that is pennies on the dollar.

Call them yourself and explain your frustration in a nice way and I am sure they will do everything in their power to resolve your issue. I don't know but it may have been an issue with the pool room that shipped it as well. Often they are not great about shipping things in a timely manner. Always ship these types of things yourself, so they talk directly to you and you understand exactly what going on. 888-314-4111

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
Standard Predator customer service. Switch to an OB shaft if you want a company that stands behind their product and takes care of their customers.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trust me that is not the norm for Predator. When I was working there I was the customer service manager for many years and our normal turn around time was 2 weeks at the most.

As far as warranty against warpage. They inspect everything very carefully before it is shipped for warpage and defects. They will not ship something from the factory that is warped and should not be responsible for how it is handled after it leaves the factory. If you buy a new car and have it parked next to steel factory all day. You would not expect the manufacture to warranty the finish Some of the other manufactures offer to replace warped items but one; they make it very dificult to do so (most you have to have the original sales receipt before they will honor the warranty) and two; their cost on warranty items like that is pennies on the dollar.

Call them yourself and explain your frustration in a nice way and I am sure they will do everything in their power to resolve your issue. I don't know but it may have been an issue with the pool room that shipped it as well. Often they are not great about shipping things in a timely manner. Always ship these types of things yourself, so they talk directly to you and you understand exactly what going on. 888-314-4111

Hi Sharkey, I respect your opinion and advice here but was not to happy with the acceptably warped comment. They made the comment after telling me that they had a system for straightening slightly warped shafts. They asked me to ship it to them. I did and I assume they did something with it (maybe) and that was the rest of the story. The shaft was never mistreated, I was the only owner, and in the end it was what it was, an acceptably warped predator 314 shaft. I found their comment quite disingenuous... JMO!

Sharkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, I can understand your frustration and I am no longer employed by them but I do know that every shaft leaves there straight. So saying they didn't sell you an acceptably straight shaft is most likely a result of a distributor or dealer not selling you a straight shaft. Did you happen to ask them how much the shaft was out? Less than 10 is barley visible to the eye,which is what the tolerance used to be, I don't know now. Do you roll the shaft by itself or with the cue all together. Maybe the insert is off center or the pin is bad on the cue or the but may also be warped some. Just some things to check. I have a $3500 dollar cue with a warped shaft. It's part of dealing with wood products that are mobile. My whole point was that you should give them a call your self and see what is up.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, I can understand your frustration and I am no longer employed by them but I do know that every shaft leaves there straight. So saying they didn't sell you an acceptably straight shaft is most likely a result of a distributor or dealer not selling you a straight shaft. Did you happen to ask them how much the shaft was out? Less than 10 is barley visible to the eye,which is what the tolerance used to be, I don't know now. Do you roll the shaft by itself or with the cue all together. Maybe the insert is off center or the pin is bad on the cue or the but may also be warped some. Just some things to check. I have a $3500 dollar cue with a warped shaft. It's part of dealing with wood products that are mobile. My whole point was that you should give them a call your self and see what is up.

I am not frustrated at all. The shaft was straight and then warped. I never said they sold me a warped shaft. There is nothing wrong with the cue. The shaft is warped, even predator said that. They said it was acceptably warped which I found, as I said, disingenuos. Good Luck to the OP with Predator!!!