After All These Years I Finally Did It

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After All These Years I Finally Played In A Tournament

People on here said I would never do it. But I finally did. I played in a tournament. I didn't do worth a hoot, however. Was nervous, couldn't think straight, missed stuff I should have made, missed the 9B that was about as easy a shot as you could get, scratched after making the 8B, couldn't get used to the 7-footers, stuff like this, etc, etc.

But I finally did it. I lost 7-3 and 5-1 but it was a nice experience.

r/DCP
 
Last edited:
Good job in getting out and playing, and next time go early and practice a bit on the 7ft tables. Most people think they are easier to play on, personally I think they just play different.
 
I see many too afraid to lose.
Too afraid to play tournaments.
Good on ya for getting in the mix!
Cheers to many more two and outs, someday maybe
even the all elusive CASH!
 
good for you for stepping up to the plate
congratulations......:thumbup:
 
Last edited:
Tournaments can definitely be frustrating, but there's the flip side of that too... You get the satisfaction of Performing when it counts.

If you keep at it, your comfort level will increase go get them
 
Great job! I remember my first few tournaments. The nerves are so high. It’s nice to be able to start getting comfortable with experience.


Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)
 
Tournament play is great and if you keep going, you hopefully will meet some really
great people that you can share a number of pool related stories with.
The 7 foot tables are smaller and you deal with clusters on a much higher frequency,
like every game, lol. Safety play must be more of a importance.
Good Luck and keep going.
 
My assumption was you were a tournament player from your AZ username
The times I've met Dr. Cue were always at tournaments, even the Dr. Cue tournament in Pueblo in years past, Las Vegas, etc.

Reminds of the old Dr. Cue cues he had made.
There were only 200 made along with Dr. Cue cases.
Cost $125 for the package, nice cues
 
I believe they are having another 9B tournament in the October or November time frame and I am planning on playing in that one too. I don't mind donating, you have to pay your dues. I just wish I had picked up this sport/hobby a lot sooner than I did.

But after the tourney in Oct/Nov I am probably done until April. I am heavily involved with high school basketball and every Friday and Saturday night from Thanksgiving to mid-March I am sitting in a gym somewhere watching/scouting an opponent.

r/DCP
 
People on here said I would never do it. But I finally did. I played in a tournament. I didn't do worth a hoot, however. Was nervous, couldn't think straight, missed stuff I should have made, missed the 9B that was about as easy a shot as you could get, scratched after making the 8B, couldn't get used to the 7-footers, stuff like this, etc, etc.

But I finally did it. I lost 7-3 and 5-1 but it was a nice experience.

r/DCP

Good to hear you got out there and played. Keep doing it. Regardless of the table size, it will help you in the long run.

Edit to add: Why don't you post a vid in the AZ ghost Challenge?
 
Last edited:
The funny part about all of this was that within 15 minutes of the tournament starting two guys got into an argument. It had something to do with one player thinking the other didn't get a rail after his shot. The guy that runs the tournament had to come over and try and sort things out.

Sort of made me think of some of the things I have read about on here, or seen on YouTube.

r/DCP
 
The funny part about all of this was that within 15 minutes of the tournament starting two guys got into an argument. It had something to do with one player thinking the other didn't get a rail after his shot. The guy that runs the tournament had to come over and try and sort things out.

Sort of made me think of some of the things I have read about on here, or seen on YouTube.

r/DCP
Things like that happen in tournaments and competition in general.

I don't see how you went this long without any form of regular competition. How would you ever know how good you really are? Not to mention, performance in practice is completely different then performance in competition, but the more you do the latter, the more that line begins the blur.

Just gotta get used to shooting in competition, against a stranger... who also really wants to win... and with others watching...
 
Back
Top