after market springs for cue case

berlowmj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have read about cue cases having springs in the bottom of the tubes. I never realized the significance until, after 6 months, the butt of my playing cue is now getting tightly stuck in the case.

Are there after market spings available for insertion into my case?
 
I went to Lowes and bought springs...also got some cork to use as the plug over the spring. Fixed up my friends cheapo case so it acts like my Whitten now. Total spent...less than $5.;)
 
Speaking of cases.....

Anyone know where you can get replacement latches for those many new brands of cases (Elite, Action, etc.) that have the spring loaded latches that close automatically when you close the case? I've searched all over the internet. Must be a really big secret cause I've come up with nothing. No need to bother distributors cause all they do is peddle the imported cases. They are great cases but the latches are famous for breaking.
 
Fixed

Varney Cues said:
I went to Lowes and bought springs...also got some cork to use as the plug over the spring. Fixed up my friends cheapo case so it acts like my Whitten now. Total spent...less than $5.;)

I followed your instructions & now have a used 3 butt, 6 shaft $50 Whitten.disguised as a Porper.Thank you so much.

I can't help wondering (1) why the case has loosened & (2) why it did not come with the springs in the 1st palce.
 
fasteddienc said:
Anyone know where you can get replacement latches for those many new brands of cases (Elite, Action, etc.) that have the spring loaded latches that close automatically when you close the case? I've searched all over the internet. Must be a really big secret cause I've come up with nothing. No need to bother distributors cause all they do is peddle the imported cases. They are great cases but the latches are famous for breaking.

try ohio travel bag - look them up on google. They are a wholesaler - you can get similar latches that will fit your case. If they won't sell to you then ask them which customers are closest to you that buy those parts.

Also any luggage repair shop either has them or can get them. Luggage repair shops abound on the net.
 
Back
Top