Afzalia Burl and more burl!

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
Thanx Ryan, this is probly my favorite type of burl wood. I like the contrast of the dark and light graining in this burl. Looks very plain til the shiny stuff gets on it! Then it pops.
Thanx for the kind words,
Jim Lee

Last edited:

GoTulane

Shizzle-rific
Very nice cue!!!

Jim,

The cue looks awesome. And if it is like all of your other cues - where its hits is even better, this will be one great player for some lucky person.

PM me the price, since I keep coming back to see this post every time I get online.

Somebody better grab it before I get it. The wife doesn't need anything this year for christmas anyway:rolleyes:

Of course, then y'all would be invited to my funeral.

But maybe I can scrimp & Save before this sells FAST!!!

Michael

GoTulane

Shizzle-rific
Congrats To The New Owner

J&D CUSTOMS said:
This cue is sold pending payment. Thanx to all who pm'ed.
The new owner will be very happy with their new purchase, since Jim makes solid players cues, and this one is also a beauty. I am also glad to say that I do not have to upset the wife, and I am alive for a little longer. Thank you new buyer!!!!!

Michael

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
J&D CUSTOMS said:
This cue is sold pending payment. Thanx to all who pm'ed.

Pay-Pal sucks!!!!! Fed-x will be here tomarrow and at your house on wed AM, sorry for the inconvenience. Something about some limit thing, GRRR. :mad:

you can check my referances round these parts, i'm ok.:smile:

i love wood

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GoTulane said:
The new owner will be very happy with their new purchase, since Jim makes solid players cues, and this one is also a beauty. I am also glad to say that I do not have to upset the wife, and I am alive for a little longer. Thank you new buyer!!!!!

Michael

not a problem:) I will keep it warm for you, it will get played with too, I play with all my cues. I been playing alot recently too, I'm hitting the balls pretty good right now, I can feel a big jump comming soon.:) I was using my Sugartree as my travel cue(I love it) but I break better with it than I play with it, so its going to stay in my case as a break cue and this will be my travel cue, I travel alot so i'm excited.

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
not a problem:) I will keep it warm for you, it will get played with too, I play with all my cues. I been playing alot recently too, I'm hitting the balls pretty good right now, I can feel a big jump comming soon.:) I was using my Sugartree as my travel cue(I love it) but I break better with it than I play with it, so its going to stay in my case as a break cue and this will be my travel cue, I travel alot so i'm excited.

good job, this cue reminds me of my amboyna burl and quilted maple cue. amazing figuring and great design plus ringwork. u'll be as happy with it as i am.

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
Thyanx Dank. No worries Eric, I sent you a pm with the info. You are fine. No need to check eferences, we are cool!
Thanx again,
Jim Lee

edman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make no bones about it. Jim's cues are most excellent. Not only quality but choice of wood. He must have some secret pipeline to the Orient or something to get some of the stuff he comes up with. I got a Plain Jane pair of Bocote from him and people will walk across the pool hall to ask about it. Of course when I tell them how much they cost they kind of mumble and say something in a real low voice like 'Damn. I shouldnt have bought that <insert name of your favorite low rent cuemaker here> for $xxxx. Play? Like silk. Nice and smooth. I know my next ones comin' will just as pretty. Now if the hot chicks would just come a swarmin'...:smile:

GoTulane

Shizzle-rific
Nice pickup!!!

Fatboy said:
Eric,

Good choice!! Not only did you just buy a very beautiful cue, but you also saved an AZB'r marriage or life;)
You will enjoy it, and it should fit nicely in your collection, and be a very good road player cue. And you will be able to show off Jim's work all over to people who haven't been lucky enough to see it and enjoy it.
I get all kinds of comments on my Current Jim Lee player - the Mardi Gras cue, and it will get worse when the "gotulane" cue arrives in 2009.

So please just wait a couple weeks before unveiling this cue to the world, so I can get my third Jim Lee cue ordered, before the line gets longer:thumbup:

Congrats!!!!

Michael