AIMING BY FULL BALL - A Fractional Technique

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I don't believe that you have. I doubt you have done "professional" leather work.
One more reality for you to deny. Not like it's the first.

Anyway, this is just another of your wackjob tangents. You can't hide your utter cluelessness by claiming you were using your own personal language. It just makes you wackier.

pj
chgo

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
One more reality for you to deny. Not like it's the first.

Anyway, this is just another of your wackjob tangents. You can't hide your utter cluelessness by claiming you were using your own personal language. It just makes you wackier.

pj
chgo

Oh Pat,

You are the one who twists the language to suit you. For you there is no feel spectrum. For everyone else there is. Everyone else on the planet understands feel to mean what comes intuitively without completely knowing. Knowledge comes from study and reduces the feel component but increases the cognition when coupled with experience.

Only you don't think that this is true. You think that trial and error is the only way to learn to aim in pool.

The fact is that even Ghost Ball reduces "feel" quite a bit. IF someone can see the GB then they have a guide that allows them to zero in on the shot line.

But for you it would be exactly the same if one person used GB and the other person used nothing. Any idiot can accurately predict that the beginner who uses GB properly will have a higher pocketing percentage than the beginner who uses nothing.

Now, OF COURSE a person can learn to shoot pool with zero instruction. As has been mentioned here 10,000 times pool is a results oriented activity where immediate feedback is present. Did the ball go? Yes - No? Set it up again - shoot again - and so on..... pretty easy.

However with instruction things go easier. This is an undeniable fact of human life and is one of the cornerstones of human achievement. And there are levels of instruction from very basic to advanced.

I know it just pisses you off that SOMEONE discovered that if you look at the balls a certain way and approach them a certain way that this leads to finding the shot line for any shot in a very consistent manner. I know it just upsets you beyond reason that someone figured out that this leads to being able to find the shot line for shots that didn't have to be figured out using trial and error.

To combat these methods you have tried to discredit them and when that failed you have now turned to saying that they are not any better than trial and error methods but are more complicated to learn and thus people should just stick to the trial-and-error methods.

This premise of yours is completely untrue Pat.

Again, pool is results oriented. Any competent shooter can see the results for themselves and test them against all sorts of controls.

So you just keep tilting at the windmills Don Juan. They will keep on turning.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Wow, you mean you never miss when using cte? Someone told me you have a video of you playing? have a link to it? How could anyone prove they use cte, or any other aiming systems? I would be curious to know the speed of everyone here who claims they use cte?

Nope never said that. You know full well that getting to the shot line is only the first step. You claim to be an old pro, who knows? You are probably a dog of a player but surely you know enough to know that anyone can miss a dead straight in 2ft shot by throwing the cue ball off. Execution is the key when you are down on the ball.

In fact the paradox is that when the right shot line is known then it's easier to throw the cue ball off the line with terrible form.

My speed is about a B I'd say. Sometimes I play over my head when I am able to keep focused. I am sure that if I practiced and hit as many balls as a pro then I would be an A player for sure.

We can match up though. Send me your resume and we can make a game. I play about 3 hours a week if I am lucky.

How about we play Pool300? That way we can play it on video and bet on the outcome. You give up whatever weight a "pro" should give to a B player.

As for proving that someone uses a certain way to aim I guess you have to TRUST that there is no reason to lie about it. Plus I have many videos online showing the motions with chalk lines as guides. All anyone has to do is repeat my setup and listen to the instructions and try it.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Everyone else on the planet understands feel to mean what comes intuitively without completely knowing.
Wrong planet. Here on Earth it means "knowing" subconsciously without "knowing" consciously.

Knowledge comes from study and reduces the feel component but increases the cognition when coupled with experience.

Only you don't think that this is true.
I'll bet I'm not the only one who doesn't think it means anything.

You think that trial and error is the only way to learn to aim in pool.
You're far from qualified to know what I think. You don't even know after I've told you several times.

...even Ghost Ball reduces "feel" quite a bit.
Sure. That's what aiming systems/methods are for. But the fact that feel can be reduced doesn't mean CTE, the system you're obsessed with, "practically eliminates" feel. You clearly want to believe that, maybe you need to believe that for the system to "work" for you, but that doesn't make it true.

...for you it would be exactly the same if one person used GB and the other person used nothing.
See? You don't know what I think after all the times I've told you. You need to believe this is what I think in order to remain convinced that CTE is the Messiah of aiming systems. I don't know why you need to believe CTE is all that - maybe it won't work for you if you don't? That's pretty close to the definition of a religion.

pj
chgo

champ2107

Banned
people that use cte system seems to get/give the impression that feel is taken out of the shot making process ...true or not, I think that's a pretty damn good thing!?! i don't get why people have issues with this, it boggles the mind?

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
people that use cte system seems to get/give the impression that feel is taken out of the shot making process ... I think that's a pretty damn good thing!?! i don't get why people have issues with this?
"People have issues" with the constant claims that CTE is special in this way (and, apparently, every other way).

Everybody "gets the impression" that feel is reduced/eliminated when they get good at aiming, no matter how they got good at it. That doesn't mean that the way they learned reduces/eliminates more (or even more quickly) than another. Just because some players have had success using CTE doesn't mean it's pool's aiming godsend.

To be fair, I think CTE users overreact to some "CTE deniers" who make hyperbolic claims in the other direction: that CTE "can't work" or will hinder your pool playing improvement. But that doesn't make the hyperbolic claims in favor of CTE any more real.

pj
chgo

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Wrong planet. Here on Earth it means "knowing" subconsciously without "knowing" consciously.

I'll bet I'm not the only one who doesn't think it means anything.

You're far from qualified to know what I think. You don't even know after I've told you several times.

Sure. That's what aiming systems/methods are for. But the fact that feel can be reduced doesn't mean CTE, the system you're obsessed with, "practically eliminates" feel. You clearly want to believe that, maybe you need to believe that for the system to "work" for you, but that doesn't make it true.

See? You don't know what I think after all the times I've told you. You need to believe this is what I think in order to remain convinced that CTE is the Messiah of aiming systems. I don't know why you need to believe CTE is all that - maybe it won't work for you if you don't? That's pretty close to the definition of a religion.

pj
chgo

I never claimed any aiming method is the holy grail. I have always said that people should be left free to try everything and keep what resonates with them.

You and your buddies are the ones knocking the methods you don't like/understand for what seems like the purpose of turning people away from even trying them.

Why you do this seems to be for your own gratification and ego. In reality I could care less what someone uses. I only care that you don't get free rein to knock something that works when you won't even try it out and analyze it from experience. If you would detail the steps and and break them down for us then I would accept that you know what you are talking about.

But you won't. You continue to criticize and mock and knock without even bothering to really learn any of the various methods out there. Did you ever call Ron Vitello? Did you call Hal Houle? No, I don't think you did.

You're simply a knocker who isn't really interested in actually learning. Worse than that you knock to prevent others from learning.

champ2107

Banned
"People have issues" with the constant claims that CTE is special in this way (and, apparently, every other way).

Everybody "gets the impression" that feel is reduced/eliminated when they get good at aiming, no matter how they got good at it. That doesn't mean that the way they learned reduces/eliminates more (or even more quickly) than another. Just because some players have had success using CTE doesn't mean it's pool's aiming godsend.

this makes know sense to me and your just talking for sake of talking.

To be fair, I think CTE users overreact to some "CTE deniers" who make hyperbolic claims in the other direction: that CTE "can't work" or will hinder your pool playing improvement. But that doesn't make the hyperbolic claims in favor of CTE any more real.

pj
chgo

don't "you" think there might be something to this claim if all these cte users are making the same claim that cte gives the impression that it eliminates the feel part of the aiming process?

Personally i would like you to describe cte/pro1 step by step and add the pros and con to every step as you describe them. I would like to know exactly what you know about the system and why you have issues with it. I know you like to do this sort of thing because i see you do it with this half ball aiming thing or bracket thing. Is this possible?

there are a lot of different types of cte deniers on this site with all kinds of ridiculous claims. I even have a short video up and you claim to see no pivot and questioned whether i was even using cte?

champ2107

Banned
pretty much the answer i figured i would get from you. I think its time for you to remove the C,T and E from your keyboard because you clearly do not know the steps,the purpose,end results,etc of cte systems. Enough spreading hate to something you dont understand PJ. I have cleared up almost all answers of cte, honestly on this board. I have corrected all the bs by both cte users and non users and as usual you run when hit with a question you can not answer. Your negativity was useful in the beginning and is no longer needed and there seems to be plenty of guys starting to come out asking for help and info on cte. Its time to put you to pasture now :)

Cte systems gives people the impression or illusion that "feel" is not needed in the system which helps improve there over all game with confidence at making balls more consistently! im sure we can all be happy with this statement and no need to continue with the bs! :)

Last edited:

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Did you call Hal Houle? No, I don't think you did.

Actually, I think Hal did talk to PJ, John..... Hal intentionally gave him bad information because he didn't like PJ! And PJ has been salty about CTE, and any derivative of it, since.

You just have to love Hal.....

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Actually, I think Hal did talk to PJ, John..... Hal intentionally gave him bad information because he didn't like PJ! And PJ has been salty about CTE, and any derivative of it, since.

You just have to love Hal.....
Hal and I talked once or twice, but never about aiming. He emailed me several times asking me to get on the phone with him to talk about it - seemed like he wanted to convince me of something. But I could tell from his internet posts that we don't speak the same language, so there was no point - I think I even told him this.

This was many years ago (15?), when Hal used to post occasionally on RSB and the same arguments were taking place among some of the same people. It's such a tradition now that I'm almost fond of it (but not quite).

Hal never gave me any "information", good or bad, although he obviously wanted to try. Is made-up history one of your go-to tactics in internet arguing?

pj
chgo

champ2107

Banned
Hal and I talked once or twice, but never about aiming. He emailed me several times asking me to get on the phone with him to talk about it - seemed like he wanted to convince me of something. But I could tell from his internet posts that we don't speak the same language, so there was no point - I think I even told him this.

This was many years ago (15?), when Hal used to post occasionally on RSB and the same arguments were taking place among some of the same people. It's such a tradition now that I'm almost fond of it (but not quite).

Hal never gave me any "information", good or bad, although he obviously wanted to try. Is made-up history one of your go-to tactics in internet arguing?

pj
chgo

and here you are today? confused as ever! i am blinded by the amount of dumb flowing through this site and i must be even dumber to discuss stuff with people on here!! i deserve the stress these aiming system discussion hand out! Pj post was the clincher for me!!! unbelievable!!

champ2107

Banned
One of us sure is.

pj <- maybe I'm confused about that too
chgo

i would love to see you play with this thing! your problem solving skills are pretty much non existent! none what so ever! I now realize this and the other can mistake that, but i now know, what this is all about. i keep forgetting this a pool forum and these are the type of people i see at a pool hall...my bad!

thumbnail.aspx

Last edited: