Airline travel with cues?

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
bfdlad said:
The travel cue cases that I have sen look really cool.

They are cool, and expensive. In all honesty I am not sure a $320 secure pool cue case carrier is anything less then a huge sign saying "Steal me, expensive stuff inside!".

The thing I like about the suitcase method putting the cue case in diagonal as you mention is that this way you have a huge suitcase full of what can only be assumed is cloths, toothbrush, and anything else people decide to travel with there is nothing that makes a person in baggage figure there is a reason to bother with the thing. With the TSA lock they cannot get into the thing, and even if they could I usually have a layer of cloths, the cue case, and then another layer of cloths, and there is no way a baggage person wants to take the heat of going through a bag like that on the chances of getting caught.

I have a very expensive cue and I don't worry a whole lot about it with the suitcase method.

That said, they should still have the in cabin locakable storage compartment for things like this as carryon because that is still the safest thing and it irks me to no end that a airline will not insure items they are being paid to transport against their own employees stealing the stuff.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
14oneman said:
Thanks everyone, for all the info! As I suspected, you'd have to check it.

My solution is going to be, if I can't drive there, I'm not bringing a cue.

I'll be damned if I'm going to trust my Schick to a baggage handler...............NO F*****N' WAY!!!

Me too!! And there is the temp. change that the baggage compartment goes through.

I bought my brother a cue I liked, so I could 'borrow' it whenever I visited. :smile: Better than all the worry.... and no way I'll trust my 30 year old JW to be out of my sight.

td