Alcanos' Great Smile?/AZ front page

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I posted awhile back about a NE tour event where Ronnie won and no smile what so ever. Small event I blew it off but it still caught me concern for the sport. Now he gets paid 25 grand for this win and no excitement, no smile for the camera/win pose. What a totally different image than what would come from Alex P or Bustamante or any of the greats before him, just this stone looking expression. Efren has a great smile when he wins, Earl, Varner too, what is it with this pan face look? It sure isn't helping pool or that difficult to do, even if you don't want too.
 
I once said,

"Show me a man who has just won his first local tournament and I'll show you a man who is trying hard not to smile."

I think the sport would do a little better if the pros would get fired up after making a tough kick shot or a crowd pleasing bank and really get the crowd into it instead of acting like they have made that shot 99 out of 100 times so no big whoop but they just can't pull that off cause it's not really their style. I love watching jeanette lee and vivian for that reason cause it really is their style.

I can't fault Alcono for being as God made him. We just have a new boring champion is all.
 
Doesn't Alcano have a few missing teeth? Maybe he prefers a more stoic pose because of that.

I do know a few otherwise normal people who prefer not to grimace for a camera - and not for dental reasons, just personal preference.

Ken
 
The guy had his teeth removed to look more like Efren from what I remember reading. Maybe he is insecure about showing those pearly gums! :D
 
Back
Top