alignment after the shot

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instead of insulting him why not tell him why you believe he's wrong?

And, just how many times do you think he needs to be told? One, two, six, a dozen? We are already way past that. Odd that you would defend someone that clearly doesn't know what he is talking about, while at the same time insulting another instructor.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And, just how many times do you think he needs to be told? One, two, six, a dozen? We are already way past that. Odd that you would defend someone that clearly doesn't know what he is talking about, while at the same time insulting another instructor.

This thread is full of irony.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Fran Crimi insulted no one & neither did I.

She merely asked a legitimate question regarding an 'insult' directed at me.

More attempts at twisting & distorting the truth by one that nearly always does.

Last edited:

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fran,

As you well know, that is just not how some individuals operate. Instead of supporting what they say with a logical rational explanation that makes sense, they almost immediately resort to the 'attack the messenger tactic'.

I think you know that...

finishing by hitting the hand to the same point on the chest can create a physical 'muscle memory'.

We play a game of millimeters. If the set up is not perfectly in tune, alignment wise, with the shot, then that 'muscle memory' of that finish position can cause the cue to be "swung" off line for the shot at hand.

If the upper body is leaning over on an angle across the line of the shot, then the angle of that bend then effects the height of the landing spot or finish spot & THAT height difference then effects the cue line relative to the actual line of the shot, IF the hand is brought up to that same spot.
(I do not understand why one would ever want to bring the hand up unless they want the tip to go down instead of straight to & through the ball.)

So... a consistent landing or finish spot, while consistent onto it self is NOT consistent to anything else unless the set up is prefect for the line of the shot.

Trying to fix body parts at appropriate points in 3D space is extremely difficult to do & virtually impossible relative to other components & especially with any consistency that is proper for a physical endeavor that requires accuracy within millimeters.

This was not directed to you Fran but instead is just some general statements as food for thought.

Best 2 Ya,
Rick

Understood. All good points. Can a player hit the same spot in their chest and continually change their feet patterns? Absolutely. Players who aren't aware of how they stand are doing just that. I see it all the time. As a result, their balance changes as well, from shot to shot. Finishing into your chest means nothing more than finishing into your chest.

I'm working with a player now who is a personal trainer and competitive dead-lifter. He got the stance right in our first lesson, which is rare. He said the weight distribution in the stance makes perfect sense to him and he said it reminds him of dead-lifting, where you lean to counter-act the opposing weight in order to maintain balance.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Understood. All good points. Can a player hit the same spot in their chest and continually change their feet patterns? Absolutely. Players who aren't aware of how they stand are doing just that. I see it all the time. As a result, their balance changes as well, from shot to shot. Finishing into your chest means nothing more than finishing into your chest.

Fran. I agree that a consistent stance is important, But equally important are a consistent grip, bridge and stroke. One can be perfect, but if the others are always changing, nothing is gained. Good shooting requires consistency in ALL the fundamentals. I don't think stance is any more or less important than any of the rest.
JMHO
Steve

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fran. I agree that a consistent stance is important, But equally important are a consistent grip, bridge and stroke. One can be perfect, but if the others are always changing, nothing is gained. Good shooting requires consistency in ALL the fundamentals. I don't think stance is any more or less important than any of the rest.
JMHO
Steve

I agree that many things are important, but stance seems to often get underestimated more than the others.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
JMHO
Steve

Sir

Could you tell me how long you have been certified as a master instructor & who certified you as such?

Best Wishes for You & Yours.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when you practice the straight in mother drill should your cue be directly in line with the shot......I can hit the shot well with no movement but my cue is always to the left slightly......i have read that everyone has a slight cross swing in there follow thru.....Is this a problem that should be corrected?? i kind of feel like its a by product if my backhand hitting my chest.....thank u for your insight as always

I'm sure the Billiard Instructors know exactly what they're talking about, but I've seen a few professionals that has the same thing happen with the cue ending up with a slight cross swing. The one that comes to mind, (for me) is Mike Dechaine.

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in the book i read which is in part by a former touring pro it states that most players have at least some amount of cross swing in there follow thru. In addition i have kept practicing and realized that if i align myself with the object ball(hope that makes sense) more and "fall" onto the cue ball i have alot more success with my cue being perfectly straight....not every time tho.....before i was kind of using both balls and aligning myself with the cue ball. Not sure if that makes sense or if its right or wrong but it works for me and everyones visual and mental perception is different.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
in the book i read which is in part by a former touring pro it states that most players have at least some amount of cross swing in there follow thru. In addition i have kept practicing and realized that if i align myself with the object ball(hope that makes sense) more and "fall" onto the cue ball i have alot more success with my cue being perfectly straight....not every time tho.....before i was kind of using both balls and aligning myself with the cue ball. Not sure if that makes sense or if its right or wrong but it works for me and everyones visual and mental perception is different.

From what you said, I would take a wild guess & say that you might be cross dominant eyed for pool.

I have always done what you said in your second explanation while playing very well.

Then when coming back from a good while of very casual play & playing more seriously some misses of shots that I should not miss just started popping up from out of no where & I noticed that they where more when cutting to one side more than the other & I also noticed that I was putting a hair of right english on the ball when I did not want any.

I posted about it here on AZB & Gene Albrecht of Perfect Aim contacted me. He convinced me that I was left eye dominant for pool. He may know more about eye issues as they relate to pool than anyone else at this time & also why they tend to be so.

Anyway one of the manual methods is sort of what you say in your first explanation, looking at the OB the whole time until set & then & only then look at the CB... & trust what you have even if it does not look quite right. It almost always is & a miss may be due to steering the cue because you do not truly trust it & hence do not stroke straight.

Anyway give that method a consistent try or contacting Gene would be my next advice.

Good Luck & Best Wishes for You & Yours,
Rick

PS How is it said? The eyes lead & body follows. Well if the eyes see a crooked line as straight then the body will be aligned crooked.

Last edited:

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
I've been a PBIA/BCA instructor for 15 years, advanced for 12, and just decided to apply for master upgrade last year. The PBIA instructor committee approves all upgrades. RandyG and Scott filed the original recommendations.

And just in case, my shoe size is 11, I part my hair on the left side, I choose GM over Ford, Tony Stewart is my favorite race car driver, I love dogs, pizza, and the beach.

Anything else?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I've been a PBIA/BCA instructor for 15 years, advanced for 12, and just decided to apply for master upgrade last year. The PBIA instructor committee approves all upgrades. RandyG and Scott filed the original recommendations.

And just in case, my shoe size is 11, I part my hair on the left side, I choose GM over Ford, Tony Stewart is my favorite race car driver, I love dogs, pizza, and the beach.

Anything else?

So... based on your second paragraph it seems that you take offense if one asks how you came to be a 'master instructor' & for how long you've been such and how long an instructor before that.

Interesting.

At least I now know who recommended your upgrade.

but I do not know from where are your roots prior to that.

That would be nice to know too.

I think it would be a good thing if all of the instructors backgrounds were available here on AZB.

In case you are wondering what prompted me to ask, it was your exchange with Ms. Crimi.

I've coached the 3 major sports & Golf & was offered a job teaching tennis & most coaches know that it all starts with the feet. If the feet are wrong you do NOT have a good foundation. I taught my son to play golf & he was not playing very well at the beginning of last summer. I played a round with him on vacation on a course that we had never played. After a couple of holes I saw what his problem was. His foot placement alignment was a bit too far left. We got it in line & he shot 5 under on the last 10 holes & it could have probably been 6 under if we had known the course.

PS Thanks for responding to my request.

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bull crap Rick. That's a lie. :mad: That information is not on the website. It was fed to you by somebody else. If you really want to know, become a PBIA instructor (never gonna happen), get elected to the Board of Directors (wouldn't happen in a million years), and you'll have your answer. So, the correct answer is NOYB.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Since you are here & seem to be in a more talkative mood than normal, would you tell me/us why you are no longer president of the PBIA Board.

I noticed when I was on the site & was just wondering why.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Bull crap Rick. That's a lie. :mad: That information is not on the website. It was fed to you by somebody else. If you really want to know, become a PBIA instructor (never gonna happen), get elected to the Board of Directors (wouldn't happen in a million years), and you'll have your answer. So, the correct answer is NOYB.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I went onto the site after the question of the ratio of SPF to the total number of PBIA instructors came into question & to see if instructors were perhaps listed as such & by area or state & his name was no longer there as being the president & I notice that.

I think calling another a liar is an obvious ad hominem attack & as such I think you should suffer the same fate as the majority of members have suffered for that violation of the forum rules.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went onto the site after the question of the ratio of SPF to the total number of PBIA instructors came into question & to see if instructors were listed by area or state & his name was no longer there as being the president & I notice that.

I think calling another a liar is an obvious ad hominem attack & as such I think you should suffer the same fate as the majority of members have suffered for that violation of the forum rules.

I love you

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I would have to surmise that if it is something that no one wants to give an explanation about, then the reason must not be a good one.

Obviously, I could be wrong, but if it was something good then I do not understand the refusal to give an explanation nor the animosity that has now been shown about asking a simple question.

Best Wishes to ALL, including RandyG.

Last edited:

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you forgot the put that in Green.

Welcome back, but it seems that you learned nothing why on vacation.

Pot calling the kettle black. You insult so many people on a daily basis. It is quite sad. Sooner or later you will get that lifetime ban. Then every thread will not be derailed until nobody is discussing the subject at hand.