All Brazilian Rosewood "Starkarella"

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought an all Brazilian Rosewood cue new from Chuck Starkey. Came as wrapless cue with BRW forearm, handle and butt sleeve. Chuck sent it without a ferrule. Had very large plain black rings seperating the sections. Thought the cue had a great feel but was too stiff and did not like no ferrule.

Sent back to Chuck who said he re-tapered it and put on a small ferrule. Only slight improvement as I thought shaft was way too stiff and did not like Ferrule material.

So on a whim, since I really liked the feel of the cue but felt it needed a softer taper I sent it to Pete Tascarella Sr.

Pete redid the rings, to make them smaller and more attractive, and added a linen wrap.

More importantly he re-tapered the shaft to have the Tascarella taper and added a nice natural ferrule and his standard LePro hit. When done, Pete joked with me that I might want to cancel my custom with him because it hits so well.

And it does. It has that wonderful one piece solid feel from the wood joint, with essentially a Tascarella shaft, with a beautiful taper and old school ferrule.

Results are pretty great. It hits like a one piece Tascarella.

Only selling because I just got the custom Tascarella and I like it so much I am thinning out my collection, and somebody will get an awesome playing cue unlike maybe any cue in the world.

Price is $700 OBO, might consider trade for CF cue or Judd Fuller. , Buyer pays Pay Pal fees. I will cover shipping and insurance.

PM me here or txt 760-519-5839.

Cue is 58" Butt 14.9oz Shaft 3.6oz, 12.4mm shaft. Played maybe an hour total so in 9.5+/10 condition.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190811_111827.jpg
    IMG_20190811_111827.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 741
  • IMG_20190811_111832.jpg
    IMG_20190811_111832.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_20190811_111835.jpg
    IMG_20190811_111835.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_20190811_111838.jpg
    IMG_20190811_111838.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 733
Last edited:
i have a chuck starky big wood pin and i like it
i bet this cue is a great player

if i didn't have about half a dozen cues i would buy this one
 
Back
Top