Allison Fisher joins Fedor, becomes AMERICAN

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
I'm sure joking around is what caused people to leave.

BTW, did anybody "like" your comment?
If we watch around social media, most likes go to completely sh!te videos/posts/etc. Nowadays 'likes' must be the worst measuring instrument ;)

[added] You know, if we look at a pile of smth with thousands of flies flocking over it, I'd prefer to pass :LOL:

Last edited:

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Only referring to the Allison part of your post, she could have probably represented the USA 20 years ago. I don't believe she wanted to.
Based only on what she posted, I'm certain if (only if) WPA and/or EPBF did not grant their permission, she'd still play under Union Jack at the events.
Changing sports representation is common for about 20 years already, but every sporting federation has its own regulations for those.

If some American railbirds could read, they would have known that, and would have understood Fedor's 'move' is possible only on Matchroom ground. Thus far.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If we watch around social media, most likes go to completely sh!te videos/posts/etc. Nowadays 'likes' must be the worst measuring instrument ;)

[added] You know, if we look at a pile of smth with thousands of flies flocking over it, I'd prefer to pass :LOL:
You got upset about joking around. You sure seem like a lot of fun

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Based only on what she posted, I'm certain if (only if) WPA and/or EPBF did not grant their permission, she'd still play under Union Jack at the events.
Changing sports representation is common for about 20 years already, but every sporting federation has its own regulations for those.

If some American railbirds could read, they would have known that, and would have understood Fedor's 'move' is possible only on Matchroom ground. Thus far.
So, is he playing for the US in MC or not?

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The title is wrong. Total misconception. Look at how many years it took Allison to be eligible to represent the US of A. And how many governing bodies got to be involved.
Gorst might be looking to play for the USA in future, but thus far he could only hoist these banners at WNT events (because some female decided he could). For the rest of the sound world of sports, he is not American yet. Yes, most probably he will be. But who knows, maybe he will have to spend more than half of his years there and still not be able to do that (just like Allison Fisher).
While technically you are right as Fedor has several years ahead of him before he becomes US citizen my thoughts on his case specifically is that he has been living in USA for some time and he declared he wants to become US citizen and wants to represent USA (while not being able to return to Russia as Fedor has been vocal against the war in Ukraine in the past) therefore I would grant him the right to represent USA even before becoming US citizen - because why not?:)

CaptainBly

Registered
Only referring to the Allison part of your post, she could have probably represented the USA 20 years ago. I don't believe she wanted to.
Not true, she has been open about wanting to represent the us for years. The WPA was stopping her. She has posted about the whole saga on her Facebook page.