Amazing Anniversary & Centennial work going on during the lockdown

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Wouldn't it be easy for you, if I were to just ignore your antics? It seems that I may be among the few who aren't afraid to call you out.

Though, you don't need me calling you out, to make yourself look bad.. Look at the way that you treated Dean, in this very thread.. Look at the offensive and combative language that you routinely use.. Look at your shameless self-promotion, in threads that are intended to commend individuals who are completely unrelated to you or your business..

It seems that you try to convince everyone here that you are a good person, and that your intentions for this forum are of good nature. Though, I do have to question... Is it actually the members here that you are trying to convince, or is it yourself? Regardless, it surely is quite the public display.

Like I said, you are allowed your opinion. I simply just don't agree or care about what you have to say. You can try to belittle my work "all of the sudden" and then try to ask me questions about my intent here. None of it matters to me. We all could use improvement in different areas of our lives, I never said I was perfect, but, I am surely not worried about what you think of me :) Did you need detailed description of how to use the IGNORE feature???

TFT

Ramsey

Thanks 911 for the pictures, seen them in person. Mark does incredible work, simply amazing of the craftmanship. Ive called him many times and asked some pretty dumb questions before lol, but he took his time and talked me through it all and explained it to me. I have a gold crown 4 from him, buddies come over and play and are amazed the way the table plays, they own gold crowns as well and say there tables don't play like that, balls bounce out of pockets and rails don't bank like mine and I have 4 1/4 inch pockets also. They know the difference now, you get what you pay for. Can't wait to see Earls Anniversary when its done.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
.. Look at the way that you treated Dean, in this very thread..

Look at the way Dean treated Trent, one thing I have noticed about Dean is he will lie about things if he is confronted or someone says something he doesn't like.

An example being, before the Jackpot thing, Dean had thanked me quite a few times for being supportive of his posts, though when I started ribbing him about the Jackpots(which was the only time after being on here for 2+ years that I had said anything sideways to him), he started lying out his teeth to try and discredit me, for instance, he said, for reasons I never understood you hounded my every thread criticisng this citicizing that, and that I had never said anything positive about him.

Although when I responded quoting just a fraction of the nice things I said to the guy, he of course never responds. I would have respected him much more had he just said "f*ck you snook" instead of lying.

Here he called Trent a liar, what did Trent lie about Dean?
If you are going to call someone a liar, at least furnish some facts along with it, if you are going to call people names, they likely will call you names back.

SNOOKER THEORY lets face the truth for once

i once way back before I had heard anything about you offered to give you a free autograhed photo of Tom and Jerry

for reasons I never understood you hounded my every thread criticisng this citicizing that
never saying much always a compliment to be followed by verbal abuse, give a penny steal a pound
I am nothing but not fair baloney your style of insincerity

The truth is you don't like my style,you don't like me and you were looking to hurt me any way you could

I have never seen you write anything positive, I kinda doubt you know enough about pool to offer advice, you don't have any stories to make us cry or laugh.

Why don't you try to entertain the troops instead of picking on preople

I am not a liar after all,but you don't have the common decency to apologize

You didn't have the courtesy to contact me privately to find out before you started your nasty verbal assaults

I did nothing,but go overboard posting what I thought were funny threads,I was wrong,I offended good guys

When i confessed to spamming and promised to quit,placing selling ads in the wrong forum and too many

I got accused for spamming for apologizing

I lost my Tascarella and got accused of lying

True I don't understand forums,maybe tearing down people and parading yourself is standard fare

I want a public apology

you have damaged my reputation to some in public,it is not enough to couch all that with some trivial nonsense like if dean had not posted too ofen this would never have happened

passive voice baloney,it didnt happen,you attacked me without interest or provocation

i kinda doubt i am the only one
To be clear, you tried to sell me a Tom and Jerry photo out the blue, unsolicited, and I mentioned I wasn't interested in purchasing it.

Then you offered it to me for free, which I also turned down, I said when time permited I might trade some art, but I don't take freebies, especially from folks I don't know in person.

Is that not correct?

If by chance you disagree that I am not being 100% truthful, would you mind if I post our conversation?

Now just because you offered me something for free, which I turned down, doesn't mean you get a pass from me to spam the hell out of the boards.

And before this went down, when people talked shit about you selling without pictures or your posting style, I would always defend you, and mentioned how much I enjoyed your posts countless times, which is probably why you offered to give me the painting, Here is just a couple examples,
Dean seems to be a standup guy, close to 250 positive Itrader, with zero bad references and a good taste in cues. I think pair that with his ability to tell a story, plus the excitement of getting a surprise, all comes together for the guy.
...You are one my fav posters, think many feel the same.
I look forward to Dean's posts personally
I like Dean's posts, something different from the norm. Really like the way he tells a story.

Anyone with a lick of sense who reads my quotes above, would knows that what you just said (quoted below) was an outright lie,
Deanoc "The truth is you don't like my style,you don't like me and you were looking to hurt me any way you could, I have never seen you write anything positive"

I can link to countless other posts where I said nice things about you and how much I liked your style of posting, it's sad you would resort to outright lying now. Maybe if you don't like folks calling you a liar, you shouldn't tell bald-faced lies, just a thought.

Here is the thing Dean, you went off the deep end on this whole Jackpot thing, and because you offered me something for free, apparently you think I should run defense for you, sorry, I call bullshit when I see it, be it my best friend or a foe.

I also said nice things about Leon Sly until I realized what a toolbox he is.

I have lost most my respect for you based on the way you handled yourself, sounds like the feeling is mutual.

Last edited:

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Original Anniversary Rails refinished & "Calibrated"

Here are a set of original rails from a Anniversary. They have been calibrated to accept modern superspeed cushions. So even an original table will play better than new. Mark Gregory at his best. I am fortunate to work with him.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.JPEG
    IMG_0271.JPEG
    99.2 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0272.JPEG
    IMG_0272.JPEG
    88.3 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0273.JPEG
    IMG_0273.JPEG
    134.7 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0274.JPEG
    IMG_0274.JPEG
    112 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0275.JPEG
    IMG_0275.JPEG
    139 KB · Views: 333

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are a set of original rails from a Anniversary. They have been calibrated to accept modern superspeed cushions. So even an original table will play better than new. Mark Gregory at his best. I am fortunate to work with him.

Pretty, but over-restored, IOM. I think semi gloss would be a better look.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely gorgeous! I have a set of Mark's walnut Anniversary rails (semi-gloss), and yes, they play and look great! You just don't see many Anniversaries with Rosewood rails though, especially ones with the deep gloss finish like that.

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That is really beautiful work, thanks PT911 for sharing. I also wonder what the finish is, sure is pretty.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For what it's worth here I have to say when I rebuilt my table Mark Gregory was VERY helpful in answering my questions and giving advise on the best way to achieve a good result. I knew nothing about how to restore a table, Mark, in addition to rebuilding the rails, also contributed by answering my questions. When the table was assembled he also answered the questions of the installer, on the spot, who had never seen his rail work before and didn't know how much he should torque them.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Absolutely gorgeous! I have a set of Mark's walnut Anniversary rails (semi-gloss), and yes, they play and look great! You just don't see many Anniversaries with Rosewood rails though, especially ones with the deep gloss finish like that.

Sometimes Brunswick put whatever rails they had leftover on whatever table was being made at the time. That is what most likely what happened with this table. Mark has seen a few like this.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes Brunswick put whatever rails they had leftover on whatever table was being made at the time. That is what most likely what happened with this table. Mark has seen a few like this.

Yes I have also heard that back in the day a person could order upgraded Centennial rails for his, or her Anniversary. Both look gorgeous to me. It seems like I have read somewhere that the Brazilian Rosewood that Brunswick used back in the old days is not even available today.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems like I have read somewhere that the Brazilian Rosewood that Brunswick used back in the old days is not even available today.

It seems to me that the log ban from Brazil occurred during the late 70's but might have been a few years later. Basically a Brazillian law was passed that BRW logs and raw lumber could no longer be exported. It has to be part of a manufactured item.

Since that period, it has also been placed on the CITES 1 appendix internationally (most restrictive)

I imagine you can see some loopholes. And there was a small backlog of inventories in the USA that took a time frame to work through as it quickly became ever-more expensive. It can still be found, and like other commodities that have always been valuable, from time to time some shows up somewhere. Unfortunately very little would be of a size or quality to face rails with, anymore. The trees are (were?) big 3-4' diameter, but very little gets to the US. Probably more is burned for pasture to grow beef. Though China has no qualms about buying it up when possible.

smt