Amazing Match Ko Pin Yi vs Fong Pang Chao

Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
thats what i thought so at first. but some of the colors are not the same as the ones shown on dynasphere website. especially the 6 and 7 ball

Without looking to confirm I believe the colors may match my Bronze set. They only cut the rotors in the top of the line balls though and I don't know of anyone else cutting the rotor design in the balls. Possibly some prototype balls they were playing with. There were times the rotor design could distinctly be seen. Colors don't match my Tungsten set.

Took me awhile to read the odd colors on the four and five correctly. The four gave me the most trouble. in that light it looked almost black to me. It doesn't really matter, just idle speculation. The color of the seven in my Bronze sets has a little red cast to it but looks closer to the old brown sevens from long ago than anything else.

I don't do photograph or video editing on this laptop so I have never balanced the colors, might be part of the color issue.

Hu

Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without looking to confirm I believe the colors may match my Bronze set. They only cut the rotors in the top of the line balls though and I don't know of anyone else cutting the rotor design in the balls. Possibly some prototype balls they were playing with. There were times the rotor design could distinctly be seen. Colors don't match my Tungsten set.

Took me awhile to read the odd colors on the four and five correctly. The four gave me the most trouble. in that light it looked almost black to me. It doesn't really matter, just idle speculation. The color of the seven in my Bronze sets has a little red cast to it but looks closer to the old brown sevens from long ago than anything else.

I don't do photograph or video editing on this laptop so I have never balanced the colors, might be part of the color issue.

Hu
I think you are right, the colors do match up the bronze set. But this is the first time I notice the bronze set colors with the rotors design.

Anyway, dynaspheres balls are great to play with, even for their Tungstens series. Only take a little while to get used to the different colors.

YoungAtHeart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• fb23.PNG
    fb23.PNG
    143.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the balls they were using are the Dynaspheres Palladium Set

Forgot they have different balls in Europe, different pricing and packaging too! Made these little discoveries when I bought my first set. No real problem, just took a little sorting.

Hu

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that was definitely some top notch play. Some of my observations:

1. Ko Pin Yi plays great position- his cue ball is very elite

2. Fong Pang Chao still plays great pool. Haven't heard from him a long time. I'd like to see an all over 50 tournament with these guys: Chao, Bustamante, Reyes, Earl, Archer, Morris, Souquet, and Drago.

3. They should have played 10 ball or at least changed the breaking rules. I think the wing ball went in every time- which I think is a flawed game. Earl's idea of having to break dead center in 9 ball, like this match against Robles may make for a more interesting match:

Last edited: