American Cuemakers Association Announces 2022 Awards Recipients

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The American Cuemakers Association (ACA) is proud to present three special awards at this year's annual banquet at the Allen Hopkins' Super Billiards Expo. The Expo will be held April 20-24 2022 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks Pa. The ACA was formed in 1992 to both educate the public on and promote the American made cue, as well as establish a standard of excellence in the art of cue making.

Go to post

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The American Cuemakers Association (ACA) is proud to present three special awards at this year's annual banquet at the Allen Hopkins' Super Billiards Expo. The Expo will be held April 20-24 2022 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks Pa. The ACA was formed in 1992 to both educate the public on and promote the American made cue, as well as establish a standard of excellence in the art of cue making.

Go to post
It was also established to fix pricing on custom cues. Can’t leave out that detail. I was there. It was a supporter by some cue makers and not others. It’s I’m not all rainbows and gum drops.

However I’m glad they got their click together and it worked for them(the cue makers who wanted it).. it did start to inflate the cost of custom cues in the early 90’s. And ushered in the era of $200 shafts among other things.

Best
Fatboy

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i see dan janes of joss cues is getting his recognition receiving lifetime achievement award

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was also established to fix pricing on custom cues. Can’t leave out that detail. I was there. It was a supporter by some cue makers and not others. It’s I’m not all rainbows and gum drops.

However I’m glad they got their click together and it worked for them(the cue makers who wanted it).. it did start to inflate the cost of custom cues in the early 90’s. And ushered in the era of $200 shafts among other things.

Best
Fatboy
It worked. A good shaft is now $500.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It worked. A good shaft is now $500.
It did work.

Caused a divide in the cue community a bit. I wasn’t thrilled with the idea, but at the same time I’m not a cue maker and I didn’t have a very strong opposition to it. I had some close friends who are/were cue makers that were really behind it and I had no issue with that.

In hindsight it was probably a good idea.

Tough way to earn a living.

And a good shaft is worth $500