Americans Arrive In Latvia For IBSF World Snooker Opening

Alan Morris

U.S. Snooker Association
Silver Member
I for one applauded Corey's decision to broaden his billiard playing horizons and compete in the United States National Snooker Championship as it was great for snooker in the United States.

He deserves a lot of praise for also taking the decision to play in the IBSF World Snooker Championships whatever his achievement in the event is.

The match schedule has been released and I believe has been very kind to Corey:

http://www.snookerusa.com/news/201311270813-americans-arrive-in-latvia-for-ibsf-world-snooker-opening

He will play who would be considered the weakest two players in his group for his first two matches, and if you judge his performance by what he did in the National Championship, this will help him grow into his game.

The player from Israel maybe of a similar standard to Corey, but he will probably struggle against Welshman Lee Walker and China's Zhao Xintong, but as four qualify from the group I expect Corey to go through - any wins he may have from then on in the knockout stage will be a bonus.

Ahmed Aly has a tough opening group match as he is playing the defending champion from Pakistan, Muhammad Asif, but he too certainly has a good opportunity to advance out of the group.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Walk On Songs !

I for one applauded Corey's decision to broaden his billiard playing horizons and compete in the United States National Snooker Championship as it was great for snooker in the United States.

He deserves a lot of praise for also taking the decision to play in the IBSF World Snooker Championships whatever his achievement in the event is.

The match schedule has been released and I believe has been very kind to Corey:

http://www.snookerusa.com/news/201311270813-americans-arrive-in-latvia-for-ibsf-world-snooker-opening

He will play who would be considered the weakest two players in his group for his first two matches, and if you judge his performance by what he did in the National Championship, this will help him grow into his game.

The player from Israel maybe of a similar standard to Corey, but he will probably struggle against Welshman Lee Walker and China's Zhao Xintong, but as four qualify from the group I expect Corey to go through - any wins he may have from then on in the knockout stage will be a bonus.

Ahmed Aly has a tough opening group match as he is playing the defending champion from Pakistan, Muhammad Asif, but he too certainly has a good opportunity to advance out of the group.

I hope they have selected good ones but if they are stuck I know somebody that will select the players a song .....:D:thumbup:

THE MONTREALER

THE MONTREALER
Silver Member
I hope they have selected good ones but if they are stuck I know somebody that will select the players a song .....:D:thumbup:

Hi does anyone know if there will be live video streaming the reason there are two Canadians playing in this event

Cheers Leonard

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... with live scores right here:

http://esnooker.pl/live/en/tsnew.php
The live scoring is wonderful. If you click on "see table" you get to watch the scoring down to which balls have been potted in the current break. I just watched Iulian Boiko, the 8-year-old from the Ukraine, improve his high competition break against Lee Walker.

The scoring also shows how many points are left on the table. In the "all tables" view, the current breaks are all shown so you can switch to the hot table.

The live scoring is wonderful. If you click on "see table" you get to watch the scoring down to which balls have been potted in the current break. I just watched Iulian Boiko, the 8-year-old from the Ukraine, improve his high competition break against Lee Walker.

The scoring also shows how many points are left on the table. In the "all tables" view, the current breaks are all shown so you can switch to the hot table.

Yeah, that's pretty cool. A 15 year old Chinese kid, with a maximum under his belt, is playing a 17 year old Scot, who has had a 140 break. Bloody hell! :eek: