amf playmaster table

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
i posted this in the main forum as well just trying to get some feed back. i have a chance to pick up a 9ft amf playmaster table for 500 bucks. i wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or opinions on these tables. it is a slate table. i am not looking for a diamond or gold crown quality. the table is going to be kept in a detached garage with no way to stabilize the temperature so i am looking simply for a practice table. the price sounds good, the pics look great - it's owned by an older couple who are selling thier house. i am going to look at it tomorrow but just wanted to know if they are so hideous that i should avoid it like the plague.
3k23p53oc5Te5P05R1a3a1b465ef8cd5d1a.jpg

3k23p53oc5Te5P05R1a3a1b465ef8cd5d1a.jpg

Last edited:

Dartman

Silver Member
AMF tables are decent. Probably fine for a practice table but you might see about some climate control in the garage.

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
AMF tables are decent. Probably fine for a practice table but you might see about some climate control in the garage.

no power to the garage. the lights is going be a problem. climate isn't in the cards. if i got a few years out of it i'd be happy.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
table in garage with no power..

I suggest you call a electrician....well worth it..you might be able to do most of the work yourself..runing none live wires is a easy do it yourselfer..
Good luck.
-
Rob.M

scottp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that table has what they called a "timber strand frame"
press wood blinds and a 1 inch unframed slate

in a controled enviroment its ok,
but in a unheated uncooled garage
i would be warry......
but 500.00 is a good price as i belive they were 2500.00 range new