Amsterdam Billiards history?

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock said:
Steven, if you're being sarcastic, I apologize in advance. The current situation is that the landlord sold the entire building to someone who plans to tear it down and build a hotel. That isn't exactly a lease problem. That's a wall, floor and ceiling problem. The former eastside location had two floors added to the building. Such an addition requires foundation work. Since the poolroom was located in the basement, this meant the work was going to happen in the poolroom. The landlord intended to shut the room down for a duration that would have left the owners in a difficult position financially. The owners decided it was best to leave instead of absorbing a huge loss.

I've known the owners of Amsterdam Billiards for years and I have to say, there are few individuals better qualified to run a poolroom in New York City. There are few rooms in the Northeast that can boast more than 15 years in business and there are few rooms IN THE WORLD that can boast of waiting lists every night of the week.

Regardless of the facts, I simply don't understand why you would take a moment to throw a jab at a poolroom owner. The fact is, any smart businessman knows that pool is not the most profitable enterprise they could invest in. They do it because of a fondness for the game, because they wish to be a part of an American tradition, because for some, there are things more important than money. The owners of Amsterdam have always been involved in competitive pool. They've got several leagues for all caliber players and have hosted numerous professional events throughout the years. They also maintain table-time specials that make it the cheapest room in Manhattan. I think any poolplayer would only wish there were more owners like them.

After reading what Bustah360 said I just though some humorus joke would be appreciated here!, so relax OK

Steven

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
justabrake said:
After reading what Bustah360 said I just though some humorus joke would be appreciated here!, so relax OK

Steven

Or perhaps you might want to consider working on your humor. Better yet, try referring to facts instead of stirring-up inaccurate information.

What you said wasn't humorous. It was just irresponsible. A lot of us know the people involved and there's really no need to say such things.

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok Ok...no need to get touchy up here. Bad breaking on the table just pushes for someone to break your balls buddy, LOL!

Btw...I'll give ya a game if ya want one, punk!

Jude Rosenstock said:
Or perhaps you might want to consider working on your humor. Better yet, try referring to facts instead of stirring-up inaccurate information.

What you said wasn't humorous. It was just irresponsible. A lot of us know the people involved and there's really no need to say such things.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bustah360 said:
Ok Ok...no need to get touchy up here. Bad breaking on the table just pushes for someone to break your balls buddy, LOL!

Btw...I'll give ya a game if ya want one, punk!

Yessir, yessir but go easy on me. I am horrible.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
You don't have to feel bad. You will figger it out one day...;)

Yes, and I thank you for those words of encouragement. I only hope that maybe, my words of distress will yield a capable player I might learn from.

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock said:

The facts are they lost 2 poolrooms in 3 years one to the upper eastside and now the westside, now from what i'm reading here is they plan on leaving the entire 2 neighborhoods all together, is that is a fact!

it's F$cKing Funny to me!

I'll be @ Amsterdam Friday @ 7PM if you would like to say something then come on over!:)
Steven

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
justabrake said:
The facts are they lost 2 poolrooms in 3 years one to the upper eastside and now the westside, now from what i'm reading here is they plan on leaving the entire 2 neighborhoods all together, is that is a fact!

it's F$cKing Funny to me!

I'll be @ Amsterdam Friday @ 7PM if you would like to say something then come on over!:)
Steven

Who are you and maybe I'll find you. I'll likely be on the head-table, testing the rails. Black P2. No stroke, no break, no game whatsoever.