Anniversary Pick Up

justin.powell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Picked up this table today out of a dusty old basement. It is a 8' Anniversary. I believe the slate is basically unusable, as it is cracked in multiple places. The metal leg bands are missing as well. Looking for advice on what to do with it. I thought about possibly trying to restore it or possibly trading it for a cue. The matching wall rack is in excellent shape and it had 6 tru balance cues with it. The straight pool scoring beads I will keep for sure. Any opinion would be valued. I also have an item that I need delivered to Utah from Oklahoma that I bought from a gentleman on here. I would consider trading the table if someone could deliver the item to me.

DSC07768.jpg

DSC07779.jpg

DSC07773.jpg

DSC07774.jpg

DSC07775.jpg

Dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say it looks like a serious restoration project rather than a great one.

... but that may be a glass half empty.

Mark Gregory said to me about my rails.... "It wasn't the money table".

... if you know what I mean.

good luck

Dave

steve8ball

Table Restorer
Ken at Classic Billiards I know has that stainless bottom leg trim, and Im sure lots of other parts you'll need.

TexanZ06

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Use easy off oven cleaner on the corner casting for stripping then sand them and polish on a buffer for a nice shine.

9-ball B

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That model Anniversary did not not come with the metal bands. There is also no stretcher between the pedestal legs or side pocket castings with that table. Without looking it up at all, I believe it's a model B Anniversary table. Nice package of stuff with it too. GL with whatever you decide to do with it. Barry

goldcrown4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As another poster mentioned, with no stretcher, the model year is closer to the first year it was released, 1946, further evidenced by the lack of side pocket castings. Remember though that there's a difference between refurbishing and restoring. You can make this a better looking and sturdier table by acquiring the aluminum leg bands, or re-veneering the entire ovals, and beef it up by building a stretcher (which would require modifying the inside of the ovals to be able to mount the stretcher.) No ball return to mess with, but at least one of the smaller aprons (right side of ball box) needs to be replaced... not sure about the condition of the other poplar apron pieces.

I posted an entire re-do of my '49 ish 9 ft Anni. It was a labor of love. I learned a lot and was quite ignorant at the beginning:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=3121939#post3121939