Another 100 SHOTS OF POOL … There’s a Lot More to this Great Game!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, as a follow-up to my 100 shots of pool video, I just posted a new video that demonstrates 100 more types of shots. The focus is on shots useful and practical in common 8-ball situations. Enjoy the new shots!

Contents:
0:00 - Intro
0:47 - Bridge (101-112)
1:40 - CB Control (113 – 123)
2:46 - Straight Shot (124-128)
3:29 - Combo/Carom/Kiss/Tickie (129-144)
4:51 - Throw (145-150)
5:35 - Herd (151-154)
5:55 - Small Gap (155-159)
6:13 - Safety (160-168)
7:03 - Two-Way Shot (169-172)
7:49 - Intentional Foul (173-177)
8:15 - Kick/Bank (178-193)
10:15 - Jump (194-200)
11:08 - Wrap Up

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
It is overwhelming with information.

Any chance there will be a section on the most popular nineball openings or nineball finishing sequences?

Your so amazing DrDave. Also can you just run out a few racks of nineball, seeing the practice shots can feel like JV practice highlights. For recruitment its preferred to see in competition decisions and performance.

Overall A+ with inflation.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are computer generated by my video editing software (Pinnacle Studio). Pretty good for software, IMO.
Cool EDM. I always wondered who came up with the opening hit you always use. It's like a signature already.
Does the track become your property?

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is overwhelming with information.

Actually, there is very little "information." It's just a bunch of cool shots. But one can still learn from them with lots of pausing and rewinding (and even more with practicing).

Any chance there will be a section on the most popular nineball openings or nineball finishing sequences?

That and much more is already available in the Video Encyclopedia of Nine-ball and Ten-ball (VENT).

Your so amazing DrDave.

Overall A+ with inflation.

Thanks.

Also can you just run out a few racks of nineball, seeing the practice shots can feel like JV practice highlights. For recruitment its preferred to see in competition decisions and performance.

I'm not sure what you mean by "recruitment," but I have lots of rack analysis already here:

And I have examples of me running out racks via the links near the bottom of the page here.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cool EDM. I always wondered who came up with the opening hit you always use. It's like a signature already.
Does the track become your property?

The tracks do not become "my property," but they can be used legally and freely by people who own the software.

irspow

The shot that stood out to me wasn’t really about a shot, but the bridge used. Stabilizing the bridge with the belt (or pant waist) was something that would have never occurred to me. 🙂 Great video overall. (As usual)

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
The shot that stood out to me wasn’t really about a shot, but the bridge used. Stabilizing the bridge with the belt (or pant waist) was something that would have never occurred to me. 🙂 Great video overall. (As usual)

You can also grab your shirt. I'm glad you learned something. I learned a few things also (e.g., that I can hit a jump-jump shot with a little practice).

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good videos and idea of making these first place. I wanted to use pause option but these shot came so fast i could not see what was on table before shot go off. No chance to pause. Little too fast paced for that. Maybe have less shots and 1-2 sec more to see layout before shot go off.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
good videos and idea of making these first place. I wanted to use pause option but these shot came so fast i could not see what was on table before shot go off. No chance to pause. Little too fast paced for that. Maybe have less shots and 1-2 sec more to see layout before shot go off.

It doesn't look like many people are interested in these videos (based on view numbers on YouTube). Maybe the lack of pauses (and instruction) contributed to this, but I don't think so. Maybe I should present each section (e.g., "Jump Shots in Pool") as separate videos with pauses, explanations, and instruction.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It doesn't look like many people are interested in these videos (based on view numbers on YouTube). Maybe the lack of pauses (and instruction) contributed to this, but I don't think so. Maybe I should present each section (e.g., "Jump Shots in Pool") as separate videos with pauses, explanations, and instruction.
We (almost)never know what works!
Keep em coming. You will learn by trial and error like all things in life. I think you lately put(maybe) too much effort to keep videos short and compact and maybe sacrifice little bit quality because of that. It is hard thing to balance with simple but deep enough to not give false info and so on.
I´ve tried to start making some basic instructional videos also myself but it is hard to not carried away with all things involved :D
So far I have very little success to make videos what I feel are good enough to put forward. I think I have to start planning them better beforehand. Script or something.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
We (almost)never know what works!
Keep em coming. You will learn by trial and error like all things in life. I think you lately put(maybe) too much effort to keep videos short and compact and maybe sacrifice little bit quality because of that. It is hard thing to balance with simple but deep enough to not give false info and so on.
I´ve tried to start making some basic instructional videos also myself but it is hard to not carried away with all things involved :D
So far I have very little success to make videos what I feel are good enough to put forward. I think I have to start planning them better beforehand. Script or something.
Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

As you can probably tell, I do lots of planning for my videos. I like to think about them for days (and take notes) before I start the major planning. I usually film everything in the order it will be presented (based on my planned outline); although, I often think of stuff to add on the fly. And whenever I think of things during filming for narration later, I tell it to the camera while waving a hand so I won’t miss it later during editing. I also stop the camera after every good shot to make it easy to find them during editing.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.