Another Predator decal question.... Help

akaminski

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so I am finishing up a predator z2 shaft for a local customer. Ordered the blank from Atlas and I received 2 decals.

Again to no avail I cannot get the decals to work.

3a8754d793accb0a6bb97820f11efe73.jpg

fb3b616905c2d65647a74924d44799bb.jpg

I tried applying to a test piece of maple and it will not transfer to the wood......

I assume from my last post about a year ago that these are back to the dry apply decal as KJ told me..... But it's not working

Can anyone help me out?

Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dognit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never done this...as Im not a maker.

But Id try a light coat of clear, and sticking that on while tacky. Then clear over it. Id gamble this is the way they do it from my automotive experience.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I would give either Atlas or Predator a call and ask them, they should have the answer.
Dave

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Anything that I could tell you would not be good. Please call Predator.
I'm dying to know what they tell you. It may be a toll-free call.
Food for thought, I don't think it's a decal.

akaminski

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll call today when they open...... Why do you say that KJ? What do you think it is? There is no way this could be a sticker that thick?

akaminski

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator had no idea he told me it was a water slide decal..... I said it definitely wasn't because it was sticky on the back side...... He said he will look into it and call me back LOL

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Numerous times I've sent Predator blanks to various cue makers for ring work and/or threading. Without exception, all have whined about the decal. I have received shafts with labels upside down, slanted, torn, and on one occasion, was told that the label was toasted during the process and that the shaft would have no label (lol). I am talking top tier cue makers. IMO, they just don't like screwing with them. So now, whenever I'm looking to customize a Predator playing shaft, I don't mention the decal.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Numerous times I've sent Predator blanks to various cue makers for ring work and/or threading. Without exception, all have whined about the decal. I have received shafts with labels upside down, slanted, torn, and on one occasion, was told that the label was toasted during the process and that the shaft would have no label (lol). I am talking top tier cue makers. IMO, they just don't like screwing with them. So now, whenever I'm looking to customize a Predator playing shaft, I don't mention the decal.

If the warranty doesn't matter to you, neither should the decal.

IMHO, a proof of purchase should be enough....

akaminski

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Customer wants the decal.....
Predator said they would call me back and still haven't heard from them, I will try again tomorrow

akaminski

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem with that is the stickers are so thick you can easily see the sticker.....

I called Erik at atlas he is nice enough to send me a few water slide decals instead of the stickers