Any info on Zak Custom Cues?

BumpnRun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an opportunity to buy a nice looking cue with four sharp points and a lizard wrap signed Zak. Comes with two shafts with ivory ferrules. I was told by the owner of the cue that it comes from Canada, but I haven't seen anything on AZ except a Zac that is currently for sale. I don't think they are related. Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to determine a fair price. :confused:

I did find this address on the web, but no other info.

Zak's Custom Cues Acacia Ridge, 1207 Beaudesert Rd, Acacia Ridge, QLD 4110. p: (07) 32166900

BumpnRun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Dave, thanks for the response.

The Scott Zachow cue that is currently in the for sale section of AZ is a nice looking cue at a good price. I think the cue I'm talking about is from a different maker, but I've been wrong before.

It has no makers mark on the butt and is signed 'Zak' between the points. Sorry I don't have the cue in my possession or I would post pics. Thanks for your help. Paul

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Scott Zachow cue that is currently in the for sale section of AZ is a nice looking cue at a good price. I think the cue I'm talking about is from a different maker, but I've been wrong before.

It has no makers mark on the butt and is signed 'Zak' between the points. Sorry I don't have the cue in my possession or I would post pics. Thanks for your help. Paul

hi The cue that Tommie has for sale used to be mine. A very good , solid cue. I beleive it to be the same as the cue you are looking at. Scott makes some very high end cues, some with beautiful butterflys , He has sined some between the points. Great cue. Jim

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I have an opportunity to buy a nice looking cue with four sharp points and a lizard wrap signed Zak. Comes with two shafts with ivory ferrules. I was told by the owner of the cue that it comes from Canada, but I haven't seen anything on AZ except a Zac that is currently for sale. I don't think they are related. Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to determine a fair price. :confused:

I did find this address on the web, but no other info.

Zak's Custom Cues Acacia Ridge, 1207 Beaudesert Rd, Acacia Ridge, QLD 4110. p: (07) 32166900

Not the same Zac. Scott is based out of BC (British Columbia). I have owned a few of his cues in the past. He is a great guy to deal with, and makes quite a nice cue for the money. You can see his stuff at www.zaccues.com. If you're talking with him, tell him I say "hi".

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
there was a guy posting here pretty often within the last couple of years. he was just starting out in cuemaking. see if you can find him in the members list, can't be too many usernames starting with a "z".

zims rack - i looked it up for you. i'm pretty sure he was making cues called zak. could be wrong though.

Last edited:

BumpnRun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there was a guy posting here pretty often within the last couple of years. he was just starting out in cuemaking. see if you can find him in the members list, can't be too many usernames starting with a "z".

zims rack - i looked it up for you. i'm pretty sure he was making cues called zak. could be wrong though.

Thanks Larry, but zims rack signs his cues ZCC, and Zachow signs ZAC. The cue I'm looking at is signed 'ZAK'.