Any pros still playing with Ex Pro?

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that actual numbers or just your guess? Different players, different shafts, same as every other answer.
As I was replying to something, my own sentence came out wrong. What I meant was - it seems that about 90 percent (guesstimate) of Mezz pros now play with Ignite, and I was asking how come it's not 90% of Predator players that are playing with Revo (it's probably still around or over 50%, but that still leaves a lot of pros using wooden Predator shafts).
In any case, doesn't seem like we'll get a better informed answer than our own individual guesses as to why this might be the case. Fwiw, my personal guess is that they dropped the ball with the Ex Pro and that the pros' choices are confirming that.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I was replying to something, my own sentence came out wrong. What I meant was - it seems that about 90 percent (guesstimate) of Mezz pros now play with Ignite, and I was asking how come it's not 90% of Predator players that are playing with Revo (it's probably still around or over 50%, but that still leaves a lot of pros using wooden Predator shafts).
In any case, doesn't seem like we'll get a better informed answer than our own individual guesses as to why this might be the case. Fwiw, my personal guess is that they dropped the ball with the Ex Pro and that the pros' choices are confirming that.
Again, WHY does this matter???????? Nowhere in this thread have you said just why this is so important. All you're doing is guessing. Lots of players have ExPro shafts and love them. You think because you don't see it in pros hands means that Mezz 'dropped the ball'??? You're delusional if so. I could be wrong but here's my guess: you bought one and don't see any pros using it so you now have industrial-strength butthurt buyer's remorse. ;)

Last edited:

RefrainReyes

Again, WHY does this matter???????? Nowhere in this thread have you said just why this is so important. All you're doing is guessing. Lots of players have ExPro shafts and love them. You think because you don't see it in pros hands means that Mezz 'dropped the ball'??? You're delusional if so. I could be wrong but here's my guess: you bought one and don't see any pros using it so you now have industrial-strength butthurt buyer's remorse. ;)
Why are you so engaged in him asking a simple question & why do YOU care so much?

My guess would be the ignite works better than the revo, in comparison…

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fwiw, my personal guess is that they dropped the ball with the Ex Pro and that the pros' choices are confirming that.
Explain what you mean by they (I assume you mean Mezz) dropped the ball with the Ex Pro shaft?

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe the Mezz sponsored pros were more impressed with the Ignite than the Predator sponsored pros were with the Revo

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I answered your questions here:
and then here again:
I mean, we could go 3 for 3 if it'll make you feel better, but I don't really see anything changing.

I've actually had the ExPro 4 years ago and enjoyed playing with it for a while, but then fell out of love with it completely and had my doubts about it. I'm curious to see if the development about it (and so few pros using it nowadays) shows that I was correct in having my doubts about it back then.

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are you so engaged in him asking a simple question & why do YOU care so much?

My guess would be the ignite works better than the revo, in comparison…
Maybe the Mezz sponsored pros were more impressed with the Ignite than the Predator sponsored pros were with the Revo
Both are certainly a possibility. For the most part, that's my guess as well - that the (perceived) difference between Ex Pro and Ignite is greater than between Predator wooden shafts vs Revo. But like I wondered in the original post, does that speak to the quality of Ex Pro (or lack thereof) or the quality of Ignite? :)
Fwiw, I've played with Revo before, but haven't had the chance to hit with Ignite.

But I guess it's true what some users here suggested, that we may never know for sure one way or the other.

Last edited:

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Explain what you mean by they (I assume you mean Mezz) dropped the ball with the Ex Pro shaft?
I mean they offered a product inferior to the hype/price that was attached to it. And let's not forget that it was, at one point, the most expensive production shaft on the market.
If all (or most) of your pros choose one of your products over the other, I feel it's fair to question why that is the case and what (if anything) that says about the said products.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I'm surprised this is still rambling on. The answer is obvious to those both willing to accept it and also have a handle on what the question actually is.

Everything else is in the first post.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
could have been $$ bonus for playing one on tour. who knows. or cares. well, apparently someone does. ;)