Any SoCal players here know which pool rooms closed down from the pandemic?

Nikrnic

I'm sorry no help here. Just wanted to mention I owned the Plush Pocket with my uncle from 1978 til 1988. Moved back to Michigan and opened another PP from 1994 til 2011. Good Luck, Hope you get your answer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

surlytempo

there was a post here recently that Stix in Rancho Cucamonga closed (permanently). HT was said to have closed for good, then was sold and is now... in covid-limbo? dunno

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Golden Cue in South El Monte closed a while back shortly after the owner's passing. The landlords sold the property for development.

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry no help here. Just wanted to mention I owned the Plush Pocket with my uncle from 1978 til 1988. Moved back to Michigan and opened another PP from 1994 til 2011. Good Luck, Hope you get your answer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I worked there from 2006 to 2011.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
With the pandemic/business closings etc playing out from the virus, it reminds me of growing up in the 50-'s 60's in the Chicago suburbs. There was sooooooooooo much vacant building spaces THEN, in many shopping centers, it drove prices of rental property ''waaaaaaaaaaaay down''. In my mind I truly feel the same moment "in real-estate'' is happening NOW. The price of rental space, and spacing, and control of air flow for the newly redesigned pool rooms of the 21st century will be even better than before, because sq footage rental amounts will be lower and room owners will be able to afford the new buildout/return numbers.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard there is a new pool hall around Temecula that had a little action, and was open a few months ago during covid.