Any tips for leveling on carpet?

jingle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be moving my table to the basement which just had new carpet & pad installed. I plan to set-up the table and let it "settle" for a few days before I level it. Any other tips I should know about? Thanks.

jingle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just read RKC's sticky about installing and leveling a 3-piece slate. Looks like that has all the answers (and more) to my question. :cool:

OTLB

Banned
do you have a machinist level? you should level it before you let it sit

Last edited:

jingle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
do you have a machinist level? you should level it before you let it sit

No, I don't. I don't have many tools in general. I have always used a carpenter's level, along with slow rolling some balls, in the past.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That is a good idea, but if my wife saw me putting nails through our new carpet, she would have my balls on a platter....and not my aramith balls. :wink:

The nails pass right through the weave of the carpet and avoid leaving carpet crush spots later if you ever decide to move;)

Glen

OTLB

Banned
the only neg thing is that you raise the height of the table and any shimming can be seen more easily under the leg unless it has an adjustable foot, right Glen.

mechanic/player

Silver Member
If you have the time just let it settle for a few days before you level it. I like the idea of the foot plate with the nails too. Not too long ago I broke a table down for someone who rented a house, and they were very concerned about getting their security deposit back in full because of the large(permanent?) impressions from the pool table.