Any word from Dennis Searing....

ArizonaBill

Registered
I feel like we’re talking about two different things. I’m suggesting that anyone waiting 20 years for a cue because they believe it “plays the best” is kidding themselves. No cue plays the best. You’ve said as much with your comments about people having the right to have the ‘opinion’ that a searing hits the best of anything they’ve tried. That’s fine. However, I think if they actually need a cue and want to play better pool, they’d be better off getting a reputable, easily accessible brand and spending the next 20 years working their butts off, because there’s nothing a Searing cue can do that a Mezz, Predator, Meucci, McDermott, Perri can’t do.

I think you’re saying, who am I to question someone’s opinion that X cue plays the best? You’re right. Everyone has a subjective perspective on what feels right to them. 100%. But if they actually believe a cue “plays better than any other cue”, they’re wrong. Haven't you ever played with a cue, that sucked? I certainly have. I don't see any pros playing with those cheap, crappy cues with the big brass ball that screws onto the butt. A cue can look fine, but vibrate badly, often because there's an internal crack in it, that can't be seen. I also don't see any pros playing with those junky cues where the tip screws into the ferrule.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haley's look great but I HATED how they played(had 3) just felt dead.

Every Showman I've had plays great, probably never selling the one I have now.
Interesting comment on Haley. I was on his edit list and he called to discuss my plans for a cue. I had to opt out due to a health related issue at the time.

Maybe I was lucky, my health recovered and I never reconnected with him for a cue.

Life is funny sometimes!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Interesting comment on Haley. I was on his edit list and he called to discuss my plans for a cue. I had to opt out due to a health related issue at the time.

Maybe I was lucky, my health recovered and I never reconnected with him for a cue.

Life is funny sometimes!
Worst thing of it all is, Haley is one of the nicest guys in the business. Hope they got the "dead" feeling worked out, he makes one of the best looking cues in the business

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Worst thing of it all is, Haley is one of the nicest guys in the business. Hope they got the "dead" feeling worked out, he makes one of the best looking cues in the business
I agree with both comments. When I explained my health issues he told me I could order from him later with a shortened wait if I wanted a cue. As it worked out it took me a year to recover and I ordered a cue elsewhere.

He was very accommodating and genuinely understood my situation.