Anybody recognize this old table?

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Dave....talk about pulling a needle out of a haystack.

You ever heard of them?

Think it's worth saving from the dump?

No, I haven't heard of them. I think it is worth rescuing, it's pretty cool looking. The value would depend on the playablity of the marble top, I have no experience with it. It's gotta be better that the pressed board that was on our first home table from Sears. :)

Heck, if it has weight to it, which it looks like it does, maybe you could find some older slates that would work. A lot of people like "different" for their home furnishings, and if this is playable it would be the nutz for the right person.

Good luck,
Dave

44Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the table is really cool and definitely worth saving. I wouldn't imagine the marble to play any different although I have never knowingly played a marble table.

New cloth and perhaps some new rubber and you would have one super cool table.

Save this thing and show us the refurb finished. I love it.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
If nothing else it could make a nice dining table, or counter top?????? :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
Thanks, Dave....talk about pulling a needle out of a haystack.

You ever heard of them?

Think it's worth saving from the dump?

That is a cool looking table and would look great in the right pool room. My Father has a 8' Fisher table that has a one piece marble top and it plays the same as any other table.

I think if you can get it out of the house pretty easily and it is close by it is worth saving, if it is tough to get or you have to drive a long ways to get it I don't think it would be worth the effort.

Good Luck Sean!

wineslob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently it's pretty rare, Google pulls up almost nothing on Mitchum. I'd pick it up no matter what.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Still no word on whether you will be going to a haunted house to get a wicked rare table??? Don't be scared, I'm sure some one will go with you... :p:p:p

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Still no word on whether you will be going to a haunted house to get a wicked rare table??? Don't be scared, I'm sure some one will go with you... :p:p:p

Lol....no, this table will be picked up very soon. It's actually gonna be a project for my buddy, Matt. The inspection was satisfactory. He said it looked like a nice table and very well made frame-wise and indeed, white marble, not slate.