Anybody tried this ball set

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the look…..how terrible can they be at this price for a small home table hobby player? Thx 60 bucks shipped
IMG_2008.png

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I would bet that they play "heavy" and clunk like rocks coming together, but you'll be able to play pool with them. If your $$$ situation gives you no other option, then go for it. If you play with that set of balls for any length of time and then someday get a chance to play with an upper end set of Aramith balls, you will immediately feel the difference.

Last edited:

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m sure you’re right😂just wanted to hear someone say it I guess. I have the money for a nice set. And I’ve played with aramith premiere mostly at home across the years. Thx

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I’m sure you’re right😂just wanted to hear someone say it I guess. I have the money for a nice set. And I’ve played with aramith premiere mostly at home across the years. Thx
I've got a cheap set of balls my son (bless his heart for trying) bought me for Christmas a couple years ago. They play like I described them in my previous post. I get them out and use them when my 9 year-old grandson wants to hit some balls with me.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thx. I just can’t see 400ish for the Cadillac aramith set…want a step above the premiere…who has the best price besides Amazon. I hate giving my money to Amazon. I’d prefer a smaller company. Any thoughts. I’d pay 25ish more to help smaller business.

Scrunge19

Registered
Thx. I just can’t see 400ish for the Cadillac aramith set…want a step above the premiere…who has the best price besides Amazon. I hate giving my money to Amazon. I’d prefer a smaller company. Any thoughts. I’d pay 25ish more to help smaller business.
Doesn’t help your small company approach but wayfair of all places often has the top of the line tournament set on sale for $279.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Dynasphere bronze. Best balls for the money.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m probably gonna buy em. If they are bad as I figure I’ll make a wall decoration from them. I love the colors and design. I’ll let you know when I get em

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the look…..how terrible can they be at this price for a small home table hobby player? Thx 60 bucks shipped View attachment 753421
poly resin balls. don't waste your money. get a set of DS Bronze if possible or a set of either the Aramith Premium or Premier. No poolhall uses this crap and if you get used to how these play(not good compared to phenolic) you'll be at a disadvantage wen having to use 'real' balls.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m probably gonna buy em. If they are bad as I figure I’ll make a wall decoration from them. I love the colors and design. I’ll let you know when I get em
Our clubhouse had cheapies and they were ok... If there are no nails in the pockets to nick them they'll be playable. You'll be ok.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the look…..how terrible can they be at this price for a small home table hobby player? Thx 60 bucks shipped View attachment 753421
poly resin balls. don't waste your money. get a set of DS Bronze if possible or a set of either the Aramith Premium or Premier. No poolhall uses this crap and if you get used to how these play(not good compared to phenolic) you'll be at a disadvantage wen having to use 'real' balls.
Junk poly-resin balls. They aren't even worth the $60 they are asking. Spend a little more for a set that will play well and last. This is a good option: Dynaspheres Silver.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Junk poly-resin balls. They aren't even worth the $60 they are asking. Spend a little more for a set that will play well and last. This is a good option: Dynaspheres Silver.

Aramith Premiers are about the same price. Either would be way better than poly crap. https://www.amazon.com/Aramith-Bill...AKe1yrCPAml6svLwlv4N0dP3cBPMXLbIaAlySEALw_wcB