Anyone Else Notice Seyberts Drastic Cue Price Increases?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A certain popular lower end excellent value entry level cue I’ve been purchasing from Seyberts for years, stocking and selling to our customers has just recently been drastically bumped up in price, to my disappointment.

The price jump for the wholesale / dealer price was strangely significantly more than the price increase for anyone ordering directly from Seyberts.

Has anyone else noticed this? I sure hope Seyberts is not following the pricing policies that some very greedy cue manufacturers such as Mezz has been practicing for years - attempting to virtually squeeze dealers out of the equation.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Brand? % increase? Have you spoken to Seyberts directly about this? As a long time customer, they should at least provide an explanation for you. I'm guessing there's a perfectly logical reason for an increase.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A certain popular lower end excellent value entry level cue I’ve been purchasing from Seyberts for years, stocking and selling to our customers has just recently been drastically bumped up in price, to my disappointment.

The price jump for the wholesale / dealer price was strangely significantly more than the price increase for anyone ordering directly from Seyberts.

Has anyone else noticed this? I sure hope Seyberts is not following the pricing policies that some very greedy cue manufacturers such as Mezz has been practicing for years - attempting to virtually squeeze dealers out of the equation.
Everything everywhere is skyrocketing in price. It’s on going to get worse. Sucks…

best
Fatboy

terpdad

Registered
I haven't noticed, but I would check their prices against some of the other large dealers. Prices tend to be pretty close across the board.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Supply lines are iffy at best, so prices reflect that uncertainty.

And counterfeiting has consequences.

Jeff Livingston

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of companies have held off price bumps for some time. Then came covid. What would have been normal/moderate increases became spikes, MASSIVE in some cases. Diamond tables went up 2500bux. Ouch. Cost of everything from materials to shipping to salaries,etc. have skyrocketed in some products. Go walk thru a building supply store. Fkng insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pin

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just curious here but why is Mezz 'greedy'? Their cues are priced pretty competitively from what i've seen. Hell, if i was them i'd go to direct sales. If i could run my business without having to deal with various dist./dealers i'd be all over it.

Rusty in Montana

Granted it's not pool related but I do some work in the predator control and fur industry , the steel I use to make the snare supports doubled in less than a year , I'd buy 100 lb rolls of 12 ga annealed wire then now I can't get a 50 lb roll the same price now , it's as much as what I was paying for 100 lbs .
Hay for feeding livestock if you can find it sells for $ 250.00 - 500.00 a ton in the field so guess what these two things mean to you a bunch meat prices in your local store and even wheat and barley production is off so prices are going up .

middleofnowhere

Registered
A problem that many business often make is not doing small price increases when they are needed. People understand a small increase now and then.

If you don't do it though you can find yourself having to make drastic price increases and that can be hard to explain.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I recently looked at a starter cue I recommend on the McDermott website. It was out of stock. I looked at several other low-end cues and they were all out of stock. I think part of it is supply chain issues but another is that people are starting to spend money again. I went for over a year with greatly reduced expenses (and a fixed income) and now I have money burning a hole in my pocket.

Reactions: Pin

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
The wire ball holder from Manning Cues is $45 before. On Seyberts it's $60 before shipping. I did not shop around lol. Could have saved about $20 bucks after shipping and all! Unknown reasons it costs more, sure it's material cost combined with lack of labor.

Last edited:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been playing our beloved sport for 69 years and the sheer pleasure bang-for-the buck we get out of the playing equipment we carry to the table -- viewed against what avid golfers pay for the massive quantity of pricey equipment toted around for every round of their sport -- makes for a very pleasant comparison.

Arnaldo

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn’t realize that Seyberts provided wholesale pricing as well as retail. I’m curious though, why would a dealer purchase product from a middleman in the first place rather than directly from the producer?

If Seyberts, as a retailer, discounts the same product too much to another retailer that they’re retailing themselves, they’re doing so to their own detriment.

Maybe they’ve figured that out…

Geosnookery

Cripes. I see quality cues at the thrift store for $5 to $10. $15 max with a good case.

I must be living in a different universe from most consumers. Got an almost brand new 12 inch Dewalt chop saw for $35 Saturday. I needed a new blade for my old chop saw. For about the same price as a new blade I got a better quality saw with a new blade.

Anyways, unlike many here I’m glad I grew up outside of the USA. We were frugal and collected pop bottles and clipped coupons. Likely good there’s a shortage of ‘stuff’ right now as it might be a wake up call.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, Corn Hole is the answer! Sunshine and girls with big, well tanned bazoobas.

Cost of board and bag, $5.00 (homemade), smiles on faces........priceless.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I work in IT procurement for hospitals. I can vouch first hand on supply chain issues. China is having a delta virus outbreak which will impact supply greatly again. Already 3x the wait for electronics, this will just make it longer.

The best example i have on severe increase is latex gloves. Our annual costs was around 60k before covid. Price went up and the need to use more at the hospital went up. Our new annual cost went to 600k.

High demand, and supply issues means the middleman gets rich. I even spoke to one of my suppliers and they let me know the mark up is drastically higher than what they bought the items for since people will pay. What is a hospital to do ? Not buy gloves in a pandemic ? Of course we have to pay the extraordinary costs. If we don't there are 10 hospitals behind us that will.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The price of wood has skyrocketed, the last 1.5 years. I think it has dropped a little in the last month or two, but we (the end users) probably won't see the benefits of that, for a while.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
The wire ball holder from Manning Cues is $45 before. On Seyberts it's $60 before shipping. I did not shop around lol. Could have saved about $20 bucks after shipping and all! Unknown reasons it costs more, sure it's material cost combined with lack of labor.
Cause it comes from Canada eh!? I found out the hard way too lol.

See ya tomorrow homie!