Anyone ever hit themselves with a cue stick?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So like I said I was back at break room Billiards. And I took a cue and when I was shooting a ball I got a little bit overzealous and the cue came out of my Bridge hand and poked me in the bridge hand. And then I had a really weird shot and I didn't want to be a slacker and use a bridge. So I was trying to some weird ways to hit the cue ball. And I hit myself with the back of the cue in the chest. Anyone else have these things happened to them?

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
So like I said I was back at break room Billiards. And I took a cue and when I was shooting a ball I got a little bit overzealous and the cue came out of my Bridge hand and poked me in the bridge hand. And then I had a really weird shot and I didn't want to be a slacker and use a bridge. So I was trying to some weird ways to hit the cue ball. And I hit myself with the back of the cue in the chest. Anyone else have these things happened to them?
Nope, this is another thing that makes you unique. I have seen people hit other people with cues in movies however.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I've been hit in the chest with a cue ball as someone was breaking and the ball came flying at me. Didn't see it as I was keeping score and it hit me dead in the chest.

Was also hit by a piece of Revo shaft. Dude got super pissed as he missed a shot and shattered his whole cue and shaft into pieces.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
1634006292231.png

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got hit on the top of the head once with a baseball bat when I was a catcher. Still have the knot to prove it.

Does that count or does it have to be specific to pool?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope, this is another thing that makes you unique. I have seen people hit other people with cues in movies however.
Seen a couple of those live. The most recent one, the bouncer got it across the back. No effect. Attacker got it every which way and got pinned in the street until the cops arrived.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've hit myself in the chin many times misplaying stuff. In the face too when the cue is vertical and gets away and then over reactedateded.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About a month ago, I got the experience that I described as being hit on the head with a cue. I pulled up to a hanging branch while mowing and tugged on it a few times before backing up. Turns out that during the tugging, I moved the end of the branches behind the mower. When I backed up, the 1.5 inch branch was pulled down and hit me on the head. Still feeling it.

I used to get linen burns on my thumb from an extreme follow through during my break. Hasn't happened much since I got an extension.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I've hit myself in the chin many times misplaying stuff. In the face too when the cue is vertical and gets away and then over reactedateded.

Me, too.

I've almost knocked myself out 3 times on my follow-through. Got dizzy with stars. Right on the jaw where it counts.

I feel like an idiot when it happens.

I was always going to start a thread on this to see if I was the only idiot.

Jeff Livingston

PracticeChampion

I jumped a cue ball off the table once breaking and drilled a guy center back ouch!

Last week at a tournament a dude missed an easy 8 and grabbed the cue ball and threw it down the table, well it had a little air under it and bounced off top of cushion and grazed a dudes head. Few inches to the left woulda knocked out teeth, needless to say a fight was really close

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's much more fun in real life. If you knew my brother he could show you the scar I gave him :)

EDIT: And I think I mentioned this before but my son was breaking at his very first APA league night and bounced the CB (on the break) off the table and smacked the lady on the next table over in the head :oops:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About a month ago, I got the experience that I described as being hit on the head with a cue. I pulled up to a hanging branch while mowing and tugged on it a few times before backing up. Turns out that during the tugging, I moved the end of the branches behind the mower. When I backed up, the 1.5 inch branch was pulled down and hit me on the head. Still feeling it.

I used to get linen burns on my thumb from an extreme follow through during my break. Hasn't happened much since I got an extension.
I got the brilliant idea to park my pickup under a tree and put the step ladder in the bed of the truck. Insurance paid for the new windshield.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I’ve hit my chin a couple times as well. Not sure how exactly it happens but I can remember thinking “damn I’m an idiot” lol.

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got hit on the top of the head once with a baseball bat when I was a catcher. Still have the knot to prove it.

Does that count or does it have to be specific to pool?
Had the exact thing happen... but it was the back of my head. I saw the person on first break for second and got up/forward to make a throw before the ball reached the plate. Batter swung and smoked me in the back of the head. Luckily I had a full wrap around helmet/mask on.